FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tuner question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking into getting an xcal 3 before the dyno day, and was wondering whoever has purchased one with an N/A tune and where'd they recommend? I'm thinking fswerks, but I'm not sure if Tom does duratec tuning or if he's strictly zetec? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Korby
i have always recommended randy @ fswerks over tom. fortunately we have some members with experience so ill let them pipe up
(05-24-2011, 08:02 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]i have always recommended randy @ fswerks over tom. fortunately we have some members with experience so ill let them pipe up

I don't know Tom personally, I've never spoken to him and I've never used his services ... but based on dozens of his posts on both FF and FJ it is my opinion that he is not someone I'd care to do business with.

OTH I've had two excellent experiences with Randy at FocusSport (now FSWerks) with my XCal2 - (one for NA and one for FI) and I won't hesitate to use him again.
Got a message from Tom on focus fanatics, he charges 399 plus 20 for shipping, however he offers free updates. For added go-fast parts. I'll have to give Randy a call and see what they offer
I'd say go with Randy. He's good and thorough. I'd buy more from them but not much I can buy right now until I win the lottery or something. Tongue
As i last spoke to Randy he offers the same free updates, but if you just buy the fswerks turbo kit you'll get the xcal and a tune for free Smile
Go with Randy at FSWerks. He'll be tuning my project ride AND my Escape (once I get off my ass and get him some cash).

He also tuned my 07 ZX5 SES I had. He's an outstanding guy.