FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Name that "Squeak"!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I have a very irritating squeak coming from the rear right side of the car!
Seems to be coming from under the car near the passenger rear right door. I looked under there and see a brake line, gas line, rear control arm etc...
It doesn't seam suspension related but I could be wrong. I tried to replicate the sound by shaking the car by hand and was not successful.
It will even do it on flat smooth road. But worst when get quick bumps or vibrations.
I'm gonna get someone to drive my car and I'll sit in the back to try and locate exactly where it's coming from. I know it's not the rear seat as I "flipped them" and it was the same.

thanks for your insights
im gonna guess its your parking brake cables.

Fords fix is to put a fabric cover over where the cables go through the eyelet holder right before it goes out to the wheels

if you still have basic warranty go to your dealer and tell them to look up TSB 08-4-15.

if you dont have warranty, tell your ford parts person you want part 380707-S
No more warranty Sad
Presently @ 120,000Km's
I'll have a look at this eyelet this weekend and see if it could be the culprit.
Thanks for your suggestion