FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: NAPA sucks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well as the title says. The local NAPA store refused to refund my money for selling me an incomplete hitch set up. Is it too much to ask to have a complete product when I pay for something? After arguing they charged me a 20% restocking fee and told me to F'ing shop somewhere else. His words, not mine. So I've been in contact with NAPA main office. So far no word. They are not part of our Chamber of commerce so they don't care. The paper doesn't care because it's too specific. Draw-tite said they would pass it on but sounded like they could care less. Is my last place the Ministry of Consumer relations? Anyone have some in somewhere?

DRyanC

Edit : On second thought this may be the wrong spot. If it is, I won't be hurt if you move it
(05-26-2011, 06:35 AM)DRyanC Wrote: [ -> ]Well as the title says. The local NAPA store refused to refund my money for selling me an incomplete hitch set up. Is it too much to ask to have a complete product when I pay for something? After arguing they charged me a 20% restocking fee and told me to F'ing shop somewhere else. His words, not mine. So I've been in contact with NAPA main office. So far no word. They are not part of our Chamber of commerce so they don't care. The paper doesn't care because it's too specific. Draw-tite said they would pass it on but sounded like they could care less. Is my last place the Ministry of Consumer relations? Anyone have some in somewhere?

DRyanC

Edit : On second thought this may be the wrong spot. If it is, I won't be hurt if you move it

And companies wonder why people buy so much stuff online ... I think you've done all you can - sending a letter to head office and posting about it online is your best recourse IMO - I wouldn't bother wasting your time with anyone else. At least you got some good advice from the guy at NAPA LOL (shop somewhere else).

BTW - I've had two excellent experiences with hitch republic in the states; good selection, excellent prices, fast delivery ... and FWIW I've put hitches on all of my Foci over the years and my favourite is hidden hitch.

Best of luck.
Well I was contacted by Draw-tite (Cequent group), the sales rep for Ontario called. Draw-Tite did go beyond my expectation, as all I was looking for was some muscle to help me get my money back and an apology. The rep contacted me this morning took my info and story. Then this afternoon he called said he was looking for my address, he ended up down the street. He brought me a hitch, a ball, and a 3 bike carrier, all free. I was impressed and was more than I hoped for. He also said to give him till Monday to work on getting my money back from the reseller. Yay for me! I really whined about this one, it would be nice to see some reprimanding to the store.

DRyanC
(05-27-2011, 05:26 AM)DRyanC Wrote: [ -> ]Well I was contacted by Draw-tite (Cequent group), the sales rep for Ontario called. Draw-Tite did go beyond my expectation, as all I was looking for was some muscle to help me get my money back and an apology. The rep contacted me this morning took my info and story. Then this afternoon he called said he was looking for my address, he ended up down the street. He brought me a hitch, a ball, and a 3 bike carrier, all free. I was impressed and was more than I hoped for. He also said to give him till Monday to work on getting my money back from the reseller. Yay for me! I really whined about this one, it would be nice to see some reprimanding to the store.

DRyanC

Fantastic result and way to go Draw-tite
That's amazing man. We deal with the Cequent Group as a distributor of theirs. They are an amazing company to deal with. Under their banner are Reese, Draw Tite, Hidden Hitch, tow Ready and a couple more. They pretty much have the hitch market cornered.
If they have the market cornered, that would be flat out amazing they'd offer that kind of service. Because, why should they if they're the only game in town? Been thinking about getting a hitch for our minivan. I'll keep my eye out for this brand.
(05-27-2011, 10:51 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]That's amazing man. We deal with the Cequent Group as a distributor of theirs. They are an amazing company to deal with. Under their banner are Reese, Draw Tite, Hidden Hitch, tow Ready and a couple more. They pretty much have the hitch market cornered.

Aren't Cequent in Huntsville ... not too far from MBRP.
Props to Draw-Tite (Cequent) for making amends. But, you're right. Hopefully the store gets their ass reamed over this. It might not happen, but at least you got your gear!
if you really want to stick it to them contact the better business bureau. had one of my co-workers do that to a sales manager at another best buy due to them not wanting to perform work that was paid for at the store i work at (boils down to the mighty dollar game but its not their money so...who cares? you'd think so at least), needless to say he doesn't work for the company anymore.