FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Audi A4 detailed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been a while since I posted some of the work I do...

2001 Audi A4, not waxed in long, long time. Got some NCC love.

Before's

[Image: IMG_2261.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2263.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2262.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2264.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2268.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2267.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2279.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2271.jpg]

Some of the products used....

[Image: IMG_2273.jpg]

Some 50/50 shots of the paint correction

[Image: IMG_2338.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2337.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2304.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2299.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2289.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2286.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2284.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2353.jpg]

All done and shined up

[Image: IMG_2366-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2362.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2363.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2369.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2361.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2358.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2346.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2374.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2373.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2356.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2349.jpg]

Final inspection being done by the boss.

[Image: IMG_2377.jpg]
Looks like you had your work cut out for you on this one. How long did this one take? Finished product looks amazing.
1.5 days, 1 day for paint chip repair, paint compounding and waxing, another 1/2 day for the interior, engine bay, and final touch ups.
how much did you charge?
how many hours (instead of days)?
(06-01-2011, 05:43 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]how much did you charge?

$400

Quote:how many hours (instead of days)?

I dunno....12-16 hours...hard to say, not looking at the clock. Start at 8AM, finish around 10PM but take lots of breaks, play with my son, etc....I always ask that I have the car for 2 days that way I'm not rushed.
Awesome turnout, you do great work! How do you like the shining monkey products? Have you ever used anything other than their fabric protector? I saw the line at Part Source, hadn't seen it prior though so I didn't think much of it.
You do great work. If you were closer I would have three cars a year for you. can't seem to get someone good to get the swirls out of the Zephyr. They just fill in after waxing but reappear 30 days later after a few washes and rain.
(06-01-2011, 08:35 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]You do great work. If you were closer I would have three cars a year for you. can't seem to get someone good to get the swirls out of the Zephyr. They just fill in after waxing but reappear 30 days later after a few washes and rain.

Even AD? I'm sure he can help ya out!
(06-01-2011, 02:54 PM)euro_zx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome turnout, you do great work! How do you like the shining monkey products? Have you ever used anything other than their fabric protector? I saw the line at Part Source, hadn't seen it prior though so I didn't think much of it.

Never used any other products, this stuff is good at protecting leather, and convertible tops. I usually use 303 fabric guard for fabric

Quote: can't seem to get someone good to get the swirls out of the Zephyr. They just fill in after waxing but reappear 30 days later after a few washes and rain.

Probably using glazes instead of doing a proper compounding. I use glazes on my own vehicles before shows and such (or for customers looking for a shortcut aka less $$$). Quick and dirty way to hide small scratches and swirls. Nothing permanent tho, like you said - washes out after a few hand washes.
Nice work.
Good price too.
Especially when you enjoy doing it.
I used to LOVE detailing my cars.

(06-02-2011, 08:52 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work.
Good price too.
Especially when you enjoy doing it.
I used to LOVE detailing my cars.

hard to find something more satisfying than seeing your ride looking like the day it came off the showroom floor ^_^
A little late to this thread, but awesome job Flo ... and that "after" shot of the engine bay looks like it's straight out of an Audi brochure - simply fantastic.