FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Luskville, June 11th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per this thread, http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=18924

... I don't know how to read these schedules... but from what I gather, next Saturday the 11th is open for slow cars (ok, street cars) like mine to go down the 1/4mile (and the track is closed during the week???)

So, I'll have to give a call but assuming that the focus can indeed go down the track, I'll be taking it there to do just that. I'd jet down there today to scope the place out but I've got yet another wheel bearing to do first and some parts from Tousley on the way too.

http://www.luskvilledragway.com/scheduleb.htm
googled to see if any other car groups would be going, read somewhere its 25$ and the time trials open at noon.
im gonna ask the guys i work with to see if they wanna bring there cars too! i will let ya know mid week how many people i can gather up
so i got 6 people to come for saturday. when did you want to go?
ehm, well... as long as my wheel bearing doesn't blow up then any time before 10pm works for me. It's making noise now and more than before I had the LCA's done but the parts on order from Tousley and I don't think they'll get here on time... BUT it's not loose just noisy

as long as the car is drivable I'll go I just won't take it down the strip (more than two, three times haha)
do you know what time the track opens for test and tune during the day? id say try to get there for when they open that way we get a bunch of runs in. id like to be done racing around supper if not sooner?

hopefully they open around 10 and we can be done by 3-4
i haven't called yet, but going off I think it was some neon forums, it opens at Noon. I may/may not be working until noon that day but I won't really know until the day of. I'm down for heading there directly from work too, if I finish around noon or shortly before it.
you have my cell number too so we can always coordinate on the day of

you know much about what tech inspection checks for? I think I may empty my trunk out for this
all tech looks for is that your battery is held down and you have a coolant overflow bottle and if you have a helmet/cage when your under a certain e.t.

the plan so far is to leave orleans around 12 so i will text ya earlier to see if your gonna convoy with us
battery held down... shiiiiiiiiit im not sure mine is. i assume it is... but campbell ford kept my battery tray cover

edit: i dont plan on working till noon, and if I am working and I get your text I'll just leave lol. Text me some 30 minutes before you go, so I can come to you and meet up with you guys.
I may have to cancel...

Got a letter in the mail today from MTO... looks like I might be taking a few days off from driving... legally anyway
balls man...
(06-12-2011, 01:03 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]balls man...

Nah... got the car there anyway;

[Image: 253757_1743554442322_1642560143_1341192_6680094_n.jpg]
1 of 3 wins
[Image: 254545_1743556842382_1642560143_1341197_253983_n.jpg]
2 of 3 wins
[Image: 246804_1743555442347_1642560143_1341194_4429175_n.jpg]

Made 8 passes in total Big Grin
Times?

It was nice to finally meet you Luc, im glad the rain held off too. It was a fun time racing today Big Grin
(06-12-2011, 08:55 AM)xXCMGXx Wrote: [ -> ]It was nice to finally meet you Luc, im glad the rain held off too. It was a fun time racing today Big Grin

Haha you too man, you and your friends were all really cool I hope we get to go again in the near future.

Moon, Best ET was 17.635 @ 75mph. Considering I took all the weight out of it, I was expecting better. Unless they do run mid 17s stock??

edit: Another pass I did was about 17.680 or so @ 78mph. I've got lots of improvement to do... I'm happy I got a 0.551 reaction time though Big Grin
my best run was a 16.3 at 83mph. not bad for a car with just exhaust Smile
Ya i'm still trying to figure out why I was so much slower. Do you have a 2.0D or a 2.3?
i got a 2.0L