FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking for studs. (Must be long)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put my new wheels on the car. The studs or lugs are too short. Any good source to get new ones? I also haven't done the SVT front brake upgrade yet, are the lugs any longer on those hubs? (Parts are at home, I'm in Toronto working during the week.) The wheels don't fit the center, is that a real concern?
if the hub is too small just have the wheel bored out, thats probably the reason for the studs being too short
(06-08-2011, 08:03 AM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]I put my new wheels on the car. The studs or lugs are too short. Any good source to get new ones? I also haven't done the SVT front brake upgrade yet, are the lugs any longer on those hubs? (Parts are at home, I'm in Toronto working during the week.) The wheels don't fit the center, is that a real concern?

Yes - it's a concern. Did you buy the rims used? Perhaps there's a hub ring from another application in there that's too small. Ideally it's the hub that centres the rim and not the bolts ... so ideally you want the centre hole of the rim to fit snugly on the hub.
The center on the rim clears the hubs no problem, but don't help support the wheels. Rims were 'off a Focus' and are 4 x 108. Just not catching enough thread on the lugs for my liking.
The center hub should not support any of the vehicles load. The hub only centers the wheel on the car. Centering rings are only made if plastic or bronze. The only purpose of a hub ring is to ensure the wheel gets mounted on center, but they are not 100% required, if you know how to install a wheel.

How many threads are holding/engaging the nut? That's is the important question. What are these wheels?
thread title is just begging for a joke...

but anyway, I'm here now.
No kidding, I have been giggling to myself the whole time I have been replying to this.

I'm available by the hour.
ahahhahaa....awsome title...Big Grin
(06-08-2011, 02:13 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]No kidding, I have been giggling to myself the whole time I have been replying to this.

I'm available by the minute. One should do.

There all fixed, now I don't deal with men, but if your girlfriend/wife needs a longhorn with a salami, I've got a buddy.

Me......married.
I'd say 1/2" give or take of threads getting grabbed? It's the thickness of the wheel. The holes are tapered at the bottom so it look like you use standard type lug nut.

I was wondering when the tread title would get a reaction. I left the door wide open on that one and got squat.