FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: WTB rear/dogbone/roll-restrictor engine mount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking to change my stock rear engine mount to a stiffer, poly mount. Hope to reduce wheel hop, vibration and first-to-second gear shift 'clunk'.
Thanks!
These are what I have in mine, quick and cheap.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/pro...rod=4.1123
So you just changed the inserts?
And how hard is it to do it at home? Is there a how-to for changing the mount somewhere?
(06-09-2011, 02:33 AM)arpaul15 Wrote: [ -> ]So you just changed the inserts?
And how hard is it to do it at home? Is there a how-to for changing the mount somewhere?

Yup ... and I think Energy brand suspension sells something similar ...
Hardest part to chaning inserts is removing the old inserts, after that its a snap.
Im gonna go with the moog inserts. Cheap n quick fix. Hopefully the pain of removing the old inserts don't compensate for the price of just changing the inserts.
And is there a how-to somewhere for replacing the mount?
Is it worth going to a vf engineering or cfm rear mount over just new inserts?
i've had both, I don't think the vf one is worth it, its going to be almost 140 by the time it gets to your door vs $20 for the inserts. The VF inserts look pretty but its under your car so who cares.

Ordering the massive inserts and the massive bsd kit today... Should be a good time!!
Just a quick question...are the mounts same on all focus 00-07? I have an '06 zx5, will the link tht Hardkore posted for the inserts be applicable for my vehicle?
I dunno... I believe that all the rear mounts are the same... Could be mistaken
They are the same.

Thanks for the info! Anybody know where I can get these inserts for about $20 actually? Cuz with most of the places I found online, they pile another $30 on top for shipping, making these inserts about $50!
(06-13-2011, 03:19 PM)arpaul15 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info! Anybody know where I can get these inserts for about $20 actually? Cuz with most of the places I found online, they pile another $30 on top for shipping, making these inserts about $50!

I just bought the energy suspension inserts for 18.99 + 4.88 shipping. I guess I should have offered to get you one as well.

Of course my shipping is low and I pay no Fedex or UPS border fees because I have them shipped to my place in the states and I import them myself.

If you want I can get another for you (my order hasn't shipped yet) and I will charge you 5 bucks to bring it back ... so your cost would be 18.99 + 4.88 = 23.78 which equals roughly 23.50 CAD ... + HST = 3.05 = 26.55 plus my 5 bucks = 31.55.

Same deal for anyone else who wants one ... but need to know quickly.
Pm sent
(06-13-2011, 09:33 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2011, 03:19 PM)arpaul15 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info! Anybody know where I can get these inserts for about $20 actually? Cuz with most of the places I found online, they pile another $30 on top for shipping, making these inserts about $50!

I just bought the energy suspension inserts for 18.99 + 4.88 shipping. I guess I should have offered to get you one as well.

Of course my shipping is low and I pay no Fedex or UPS border fees because I have them shipped to my place in the states and I import them myself.

If you want I can get another for you (my order hasn't shipped yet) and I will charge you 5 bucks to bring it back ... so your cost would be 18.99 + 4.88 = 23.78 which equals roughly 23.50 CAD ... + HST = 3.05 = 26.55 plus my 5 bucks = 31.55.

Hit me up Ken!
(06-13-2011, 10:34 PM)dBlast Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2011, 09:33 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]

Hit me up Ken!

Sure thing Vince - do you want red or black?
Ken, I just ordered the massive set, but can you grab me a set of wheel caps?
(06-13-2011, 11:10 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Sure thing Vince - do you want red or black?
red
Pages: 1 2