FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking for a very specific Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, newbie here.
Great to see a site like this, I am finding it quite informative, not to mention some very sweet rides.

I myself am located in the area of Kitchener/Cambridge/Waterloo in Ontario and having one heck of a time trying to find a very specific Focus.

I have contacted almost every Ford dealership from Ottawa, to Windsor and up to Thunder Bay as well as the used car lots in my immediate area, I didn't think I was being THAT picky, but perhaps I am Smile

So what am I looking for?
2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES
Fully loaded, including sport package and sunroof, but no leather seats.
Auto, and air.
colours, well at least I have three on my mind, Aqua metallic blue, silver or dk grey.
under 45,000 kms, non smoker.

I have found a couple, so I know they exist, but as soon as I contact the dealers, I find out they have been sold.

The wife has a 2005 Focus ZX5 SES and compared to my tank of a Taurus, I must admit, I am hooked on the Focus and won't stop until I find one.

Anyway, just "venting" I guess Smile

Thanks, and hope that everyone has a good weekend.
(06-10-2011, 11:30 PM)shybri69 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all, newbie here.
Great to see a site like this, I am finding it quite informative, not to mention some very sweet rides.

I myself am located in the area of Kitchener/Cambridge/Waterloo in Ontario and having one heck of a time trying to find a very specific Focus.

I have contacted almost every Ford dealership from Ottawa, to Windsor and up to Thunder Bay as well as the used car lots in my immediate area, I didn't think I was being THAT picky, but perhaps I am Smile

So what am I looking for?
2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES
Fully loaded, including sport package and sunroof, but no leather seats.
Auto, and air.
colours, well at least I have three on my mind, Aqua metallic blue, silver or dk grey.
under 45,000 kms, non smoker.

I have found a couple, so I know they exist, but as soon as I contact the dealers, I find out they have been sold.

The wife has a 2005 Focus ZX5 SES and compared to my tank of a Taurus, I must admit, I am hooked on the Focus and won't stop until I find one.

Anyway, just "venting" I guess Smile

Thanks, and hope that everyone has a good weekend.

Welcome and good luck with your search - we'll keep an eye open for you.
Damn. Not sure you're going to find that one with that mileage. I have a 2007 (bought new in late 2007 end of run) and have 49,000km. That's only driving in summer.

Welcome BTW.
mileage is not too unreasonable. I have maybe 36,000 on mine. Same end of run, bought in August 2007, ZX5 SES, but with a stick and no GFX package.

Then again I picked up an early 2007 wagon SES made in late 2006 with 97,000km. I looked for awhile as well to find an SES wagon, liquid grey (dark grey) with a 5 speed but ended up with a silver with an auto. I fought the wife to learn stick but gave in as my efforts would be better spent elsewhere.

Good luck

DRyanC
Hey guys and thanks for the welcomes.

Ya the one in Waterloo, had me cryin in my beer when I missed it. Truth be told I only started looking about a week after they sold it.

But I know those odds ones are out there, just have to be patient I guess.

Checked with Mohawk, gone as well.
try trader.ca
You mean Autotrader?
If so I have tried them, autohound, autohunter, kijiji, buy and sell, toronto & regional classifieds, Ford dealerships from Windsor, to Thunder Bay to Kingston, autonet.ca, autowizard.ca, donkiz car, wheels.ca, trovit cars, oodle autos, carsgone.com, and ebay motors. I am sure there are a few I am missing.

Nothing yet, well there is one in Winnipeg, Manitoba, but in the pictures they have snow, so they have had it for a while, not sure about that one.
Welcome to the FC. Good luck on your quest.
Thank you and thank you Smile
Well, I finally found one!!
Everything I wanted, which ment fully loaded, except no leather seats, with the colour and sunroof.
Took almost two weeks, checking with 22 car searching engines and almost eight hours a day, but I got her.
Paid 12,500 and she is sitting at 28,875 kms.
VERY nice!!!
<29,000 kms? That's an awesome bargain if you ask me.

Why the no-leather seats?

As for mileage, I bought my 2000 with 104k on it and she's currently up to 128k.
Problem with the leather for me are two things, first, really hot summer days (even with the sunroof open) I still manage to char my butt sittin on leather.
Secondly, I find that my butt is shifting all over the place, especially when trying to turn a corner fast, it's enough just to keep the car on the road, not to mention my butt in it's seat Smile
wow i'm impressed you found such a specific car.
congrats! i wouldnt have had the patience to keep looking.
I love my Lester seats... Black Suede in the middle, then leather on the edges
Been a Ford man my entire life, as they say, they can have me when they can pry my cold dead hands off my Ford.

As far as the leather seats, hey, to each their own, go with what works for you, that's what I say.

Now lookin to top this baby up, gonna start simple, K&N intake, but afterwards I have to admit to being totally out of the loop as to the next best step. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And ya, I love posting pics, freakin dumbass computer techi in me, gees.......

what direction do you wanna go with your focus?
not really sure to be quite honest, always loved the "sleeper" mood, you know, more under the hood then they think, and leavin' sittin at the starting line Smile
(so many upgrades, so little money)
firstly.. thumbs up on the sleeper look that's the one I'm going for Big Grin

How fast do you wanna go then and whats on your priority list?

There's so many variables IMO in what the next 'best' step could be.

edit: and how much do you want to spend now/long term? If you say 1000$ I'd say maybe get a tune, throttlebody and exhaust.
Pages: 1 2