FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It #$#$#$ing runs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So thanks to Gord (Sl8rzzx3), stopped by today to push the partout SVT into the garage. I finally get to be able to start stripping....the car.

I took a shot, picked up a cheap $20 timing belt and installed it, 90% of the time its a waste of time. But I need to do mine so it was a practice run. Didn't take that long, 2h to install the timing belt then another 1h only to have to pull everything apart again to replace the acc. tensioner.

Compression test showed low #'s on all cylinders, but consistent 55-60 across all. Actually not bad #s considering the car had sat for so long and the cylinders were dry.

Super happy...spare motor for the SVT... Not to worry the SVT is still being parted out...

Video of the happy SVT motor Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6X0a3ES10

WICKED! Big Grin
sweet. Double-engine 8 cylinder custom-job SVT?
Put one under the hatch? Run it off propane and you could have the world's first 4 wheel-drive, hybrid Focus SVT.
(06-18-2011, 07:56 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]sweet. Double-engine 8 cylinder custom-job SVT?

Firewall-modded inline-8 400+HP ReSVT Focus? Could you imagine the noise from that beast? :o
This heart shall be transplanted into a worthy ZX5 SVT, as soon as I find one with a broken heart Smile