FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Canada Post Strike/Lock out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How's it affecting you?

For me, I have a care package from Tousley Ford in the mail that isn't arriving anymore. I also have an X3 on the way from Cali - I hope USPS took it out east before sending it north to Canada Post.

I think it's fawking retarded - how does shutting all operations down SAVE money whereas rotating strikes cost more?? I don't get it - just like I'm not getting my packages.

Has it affected any of you guys?
I assume a lockout means no pay cheques either....its just dumb...the one time UPS would have been a good option Smile
Hopefully back to work legislation hits before the summer off.
Supposedly they've reached a tentative deal, or was that Air Canada?

Either way, mail will resume soon - hopefully.

I love how a few of my bills managed to sneak in the wording "in the event of a postal strike you are responsible for maintaining and paying your balance".

Right. :/
Still getting my mail.....Rural is NOT on strike.
Thing is CP jacked up the situation by locking the workers out after first saying they would go ahead with reduced service in the wake of the rotating strikes and is now crying for back to work legislation, truly a scummy practice in my books.

For me honestly its a "meh" either I'm on pay direct or can get emailed bills but its really screwing us over at the office, not to mention our clients...

NefCanuck
There's only one bill I get by mail, and I can call for the balance if needed. It's already current for the last billing period, so I'm good for almost a month now.

All because they wanted to shift them to a pension plan that requires them to not be gerbils (DCPP) from a pension plan that has historically had nothing but problems due to over-promising (DBPP).
I'm waiting for a balance shaft delete, and lower engine mount bushings... Shoulda been here last Thursday... Oh well though, s**t happens... They'll be legislated back someday this week!