FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone know a good Ford Dealership/bodyshop/convertible top place in the GTA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

As a few of you folks know, I've been having a helluva hard time getting my convertible top replaced properly after having it cut in a break-in.

The place the dealership had brought it to has done more damage to the car than fixed it seems, and after 4 visits to the dealership, and 20 hours of my time dealing with this, I have to go back for ANOTHER visit to get a missing piece re-installed.

And the top is still not done to my satisfaction. About the only offer of assistance I'm getting from the body shop manager is that the car is fine, and it's not their fault -- it's the way it should be, 'cause the installers told me so. Even when I suggest I should be compensated for my time and gas, I get an indifference that is rather maddening.

So, that being said, I need to get out and find a dealership who can fix it properly. And I'm going to have to pay out of pocket, and then find other ways to recoup the costs.

So anyone know of a decent shop who knows how to install a convertible top properly the 1st (hell, even 2nd or 3rd time)?

Who would normally be above the body shop manager?

can I contact someone directly at Ford who could help me expedite this whole mess?

Seriously, it's been nearly 2 months, and all I can do is admire my new scratches, ripples, and newly exposed weather seal and top framing.

seriously, is this what I can expect when I get a shelby or newer GT?
*Paging Ken, paging Ken*

If it wasn't 4 hours out of your way, I'd see about getting you sorted up here. Stockfish sells lots of 'verts of all flavours. There's even a 2011 Shelby GT500 'vert in town. Their body guys are top notch - no pun intended.

Hell, come up for a vacation, get the car fixed and do some fishing for a few?
i work at a ford dealer and we sublet our convertible repairs out to a place called T&M custom, which is near weston rd and lawrance, they've been there for years, we never have any problems...let me know if you want their number...
Near Weston/Lawrence? Not the greatest area there at all. Where are they exactly?
(06-18-2011, 12:59 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]*Paging Ken, paging Ken*

If it wasn't 4 hours out of your way, I'd see about getting you sorted up here. Stockfish sells lots of 'verts of all flavours. There's even a 2011 Shelby GT500 'vert in town. Their body guys are top notch - no pun intended.

Hell, come up for a vacation, get the car fixed and do some fishing for a few?

Forget going to Ford ... waste of time ... except in the most extreme cases (which unfortunately yours isn't) they will always refer you back to the dealer; but they will do it in such a way as to raise your blood pressure even higher.

If it was me I would be hammering my insurance company and trying to get them to not pay the dealer ... unless you've already signed something that in essence says your happy with the job.

But even then your insurance company (and perhaps more specifically the adjuster) should be your ally in all this ... the adjuster should be looking at your car and telling you whether or not he thinks the repair is satisfactory.
Hey Adam, you do realize that shelby rolling around in the bay came from Sudbury right? Stockfish lost their SVT contract years ago lol...and puppet, i'd be getting in touch with your insurance company to fight your battle with ford, cause in the end their the ones who paid for your work to be done (not technically as you pay your insurance but u know what i mean). They'll most likely send an adjuster to examine the work that has been done and once he see's that it hasn't been properly installed or is missing parts that were once there he will most likely advise your insurance company to raise a big stink with your dealership.
IT'S THE INSURANCE COMPANY'S JOB TO GET YOUR CAR BACK TO THE CONDITION IT WAS BEFORE THE CLAIM!!!!

It's the reason they wrote my car off after the break in. they were not able to source a new interior for less than the car's total worth. (This would not be the case in your situation.)
As everyone said, it's on the insurance to get you your car back to the way it was.
Hey DP, I've missed everything about your top except for it being sliced... wow another Ford Dealership fucking someone over again...

All they do is make you want to build a bomb... I'm still finding damages done to my car after they sat on their asses and had it for 2 months. My door panels are all scratched. My roof liner in the rear is cracked and none of the molding along the roof or floor where never properly snapped back in. The cluster has a huge crack in it. Lights are out and the 12volt is a fire waiting to happen. But none of that worried me because when I have an accident the Air Bags won't deploy because they never fixed everything that went wrong. They told me, "Oh, how do we know it wasn't like that before". The insurance adjuster couldn't tell you difference between a Golf and a Focus.

Good luck buddy. Try to take her to a place that does boat interiors for the roof. I love the cars but f**k FORD...!!!
HRm, I can ask at my dealer DP and see what they do with 'vert repairs. Honestly I doubt any Ford dealer does them "in house" because they're such a niche thing.

NefCanuck