FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Newbie here...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I picked up my very first focus today...2001 Liquid Grey ZX3 S2.
Just got out of the Neon scene, was getting bored with them and needed somethin different. Here are a few pics of it...
[Image: 2844hen_20.jpg]
[Image: 4140i9n_20.jpg]
[Image: 704655a_20.jpg]
it's got 230,000 kms, and is in really good shape. Came with a brand new set of Bridgestone Potenza's 205/55/16's and new front pads and rotors. The only problem spot is the back hatch...it's gettin pretty rust over and under the black plastic trim and is getting repainted next weekend. I am lookin forward to meeting the people on this board and future mods to the car!
Congrats on your purchase and welcome. Car looks to be in good shape and has all the original S2 bits still attached - also a good thing.

So I'll say it before anyone else does LOL - needs a drop and a tint.

I have no idea about the availability of mod stuff for the Neon, but except for rims there is an abundance of cheap and good stuff for the Focus - even from Ford Racing.

Cheers - Ken.

Edit: are you in Barrie by any chance?
Welcome and happy modding.
Ya it's in really good shape, like I said the only rusty spot is the hatch which is going to get re-painted this weekend and tint is coming real soon. And already planned on a drop...if not this summer, next for sure. I love the car so far and the best part is I only paid $800 for it!...lol. I also plan on painting the skirts and front lip body color, don't know why it wasn't factory painted tho??? The tails, markers and front turns are going to get blacked out as well and I plan on painting the radio bezel and possibly the gauge cluster bezel... And while I'm thinkin of it...I have the 6 disc in dash changer and the clock is on 24hr time, any way to change it to 12hr time? I can't figure it out!!lol. And if someone can chime in on the front and rear speaker sizes?...I'm thinkin 5x7?? The stock ones blow, and not in a good way. And for anyone wondering, I live in Windsor. Any meets around here?
(06-28-2011, 08:36 AM)liquidfocus Wrote: [ -> ]Ya it's in really good shape, like I said the only rusty spot is the hatch which is going to get re-painted this weekend and tint is coming real soon. And already planned on a drop...if not this summer, next for sure. I love the car so far and the best part is I only paid $800 for it!...lol. I also plan on painting the skirts and front lip body color, don't know why it wasn't factory painted tho??? The tails, markers and front turns are going to get blacked out as well and I plan on painting the radio bezel and possibly the gauge cluster bezel... And while I'm thinkin of it...I have the 6 disc in dash changer and the clock is on 24hr time, any way to change it to 12hr time? I can't figure it out!!lol. And if someone can chime in on the front and rear speaker sizes?...I'm thinkin 5x7?? The stock ones blow, and not in a good way. And for anyone wondering, I live in Windsor. Any meets around here?

Ahhh ... well you see that's part of the special colour scheme of the S2 ... only came in the liquid grey and with the skirts and lip that colour. If your plan is to keep it an authentic S2, don't paint the plastic. Also, that lip is kind of special and is near impossible to get ... so try not to prang it on the curb.

BTW - same with the rims ... they are similar to other 16" 5 spokes of that year, but the polished outer spoke with dark grey painted inner are uniquely S2.

5x7
K, cause my rims are machined aluminum with black inside the spokes, and the lip and skirts are in great shape as are the rims. Only a bit of curb rash on the one rim, but nothing too bad. And another question, I am a bit unfamiliar with the foci, so bear with me, I was under the car today and noticed 2 things, first, between the cat and the muffler there is what looks like a bigger muffler???? And second, the rear sway bar is connected to the frame via the U brackets and bushing but is hanging freely where it should connect to the rear trailing arms, anyone seen this happen before? Almost seems like there are pieces missing that maybe rusted and broke over time? If someone has a pic of how they connect to the trailing arms that would be great so I can get an idea of whats goin on. thanks Smile
that bigger muffler sounds to me like what's commonly known as a muffler, forward exhaust assembly, or more factually as the Resonator.

At the end of the exhaust, just before the tip is the actual muffler, aka the "lunchbox". If you take out the lunchbox your exhaust gets louder, you take out the resonator and it sounds comparitively the same. But as I said most people incorrectly refer to the rear exhaust assembly as a resonator rather than muffler.

... also, cutting the lunchbox out is a common exhaust modification for sound.