FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svtf Engine & Trans... Whats It Worth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Complete motor, 6speed and everything needed to do a conversion ? Only has 19 000 ks on it. Any idea on what its worth ? Its out of an 02.
Thanks guys let me know what ya think.
The car is complete and running as of now. It has front end damage, Im just trying to figure out what my best option is, part it or sell it whole. The only thing that would not be included is the rad. What is your idea of a fair price?
[Image: more_peanuts.jpg]
if i can find salvaged svtf for $1100, i m buyng it..
MMMM peanuts..... LOL :P
Im not lookin to get rich here but Im not giving stuff away either, I just wanna re-coup some of the $$$ I have in it. The car is located about an hour and 15 minutes east of Toronto.

P.S Dont forget it only has 19 000 K on it
The guy is just looking at the cost to do an upgrade...

he can sell the parts once he's done the work and you guys help him with the worth of some of the stuff.

thx
Thanks darkpuppet
$1100-1500, and the 1500 is being generous. I found them for around that price, found one last year with 100k for $900 :blink:
Thanks Flofocus, I have been doing some looking around and I was thinking about the same. All the ones I have found have alot more K's on them than mine and are in the $1100-1500 price range.
No problem, let me kno wif you want to go ahead, the guy that bought my focus is looking at this swap.
Flofocus,Mar 3 2009, 11:49 AM Wrote:No problem, let me kno wif you want to go ahead, the guy that bought my focus is looking at this swap.
[right][snapback]282043[/snapback][/right]

I thought the kid wrote it off?
reldridge,Mar 3 2009, 01:16 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 3 2009, 11:49 AM Wrote:No problem, let me kno wif you want to go ahead, the guy that bought my focus is looking at this swap.

I thought the kid wrote it off?
[right][snapback]282053[/snapback][/right]

He's apparantly fixed it.
Flofocus,Mar 3 2009, 10:49 AM Wrote:No problem, let me kno wif you want to go ahead, the guy that bought my focus is looking at this swap.

I thought your turbo > SVT???

Is he trying to de-tune so that he does not crash the car again?
dBlast,Mar 3 2009, 04:04 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 3 2009, 10:49 AM Wrote:No problem, let me kno wif you want to go ahead, the guy that bought my focus is looking at this swap.

I thought your turbo > SVT???

Is he trying to de-tune so that he does not crash the car again?
[right][snapback]282059[/snapback][/right]

He wants the block, so zetec head, with the svt block. The SVT's are supposed to have stronger blocks...i havent read much on it though.

The way this kid drives, that zetec isn't going to last him very long. He was telling me he's been hitting as much as 20psi with the cool weather, dont know how much of that I beleive though. :ph34r:

Kid likes to fib a bit me thinks....he called the other day to say he heard a pop after going for a run, told him it was his charge piping to TB, said he checked it and that wasnt it. Told him to go under and check again, but 'he was sure' it wasnt that pipe because 'I checked it 4 times already' :rolleyes:

Called me 2 hours later to tell that pipe blew off but he swore it wasn;t like that the last time he went under....kid just didnt check it at all when I told him, easy as that.

Kid also tightened the BOV as tight as it could go. Big no no, I even told him not to touch it when I sold it to him because it was set where it should be, but he didnt listen...now I have to go over this month sometime and undo everything he did on the car....meh $40/hour is what i charge, cash only. :P
SVTs are stiffer / stronger blocks, have oil squirters under the pistons, etc. I really ought to let the SVT owners chime in here.

I'm seriously considering getting an 04 SVT ZX5 this year or next if I can find a decent one. The only thing they don't respond well to in stock for is copious amounts of boost due to the high compression ratio. They JRSC just fine tho and that seems to wake up the mid/top end of the car nicely.