FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: PCV Hose???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(07-07-2011, 11:17 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Did that. Same issue. Rough idle, then stall.

DPFE??
Just replaced it Ken. Like 2 days ago.
(07-07-2011, 11:40 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Just replaced it Ken. Like 2 days ago.

Yeah, but they go bad real fast.
(07-07-2011, 11:40 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Just replaced it Ken. Like 2 days ago.

I guess it's kind of narrowing down ... IIRC you said you're going to replace the IAC ... you might also clean the MAF ... and you probably already did this, but check again for vacuum leaks ... then ... then I don't know.
One step ahead of you Ken. Cleaned the MAF when I first started having issues.
IAC is next. Although not stalling when the hose between the valve cover and intake tube is removed. As soon as I hook it back up it stalls. Baffeled?!?!?
that hose running to the intake is a breather (fresh air INTO the crank case) it is part of ur PCV system. if the hose is fine, check the inside of your intake tube and remove you V/C to check for sludge around the port
With the hose removed from the valve cover i can feel air pulsing. Asked around at work today and was told to replace the PCV valve. If this all boils down to a $5 part I'm going to be pissed. LOL

Actually I think the hose between the V/C and intake sucks air from the engine into the intake, not the other way around.
Next step buy an svt motor from hardkore and stalling problem will be history Wink
SVT's still have stalling problems from time to time as these parts get plugged/blocked. If it is a stall when comming to a stop from running to idle I would say it is IAC, if you have not changed that you should. or at least check it.

When you say the hose removed do you mean it is open to the air? so your intake is sucking in unmetered air?
Yes unmetered air, and the valve cover is open too.
That would make me think IAC isn't opening up during idle.
Hmmmm really. I am just getting really sick of throwing parts at this thing. But the IAC was my next guess. We'll see tomorrow I guess.
if IAC is same on SVT you can have one off of one of my intakes...
But the IAC allows air to bypass the closed throtle plate at idle. The hose I removed is before the throttle body. Not sure how these 2 would relate? I'll tape up the port on my short ram and see how it is during the morning commute. It also was running good when I had my thumb over said port.
PCV should route from engine block directly to the back of the intake manifold... unless your talking about breather hose....
Well the PCV Valve is a part of the same circuit. The breather hose is at one end, top of engine. The PCV is at the other end. When using the stock air box there is a small PCV filter in there what the breather hose hooks to. The PCV valve hooks to the oil separator on the front of the engine. I'm thinking for the $5 its worth a shot. If not no harm, no foul.
Also, just plugged the open port on the short ram. We'll she how she is in the morning.
Clean ur iacv tonight... And if that doesn't work it might be electrical in the iacv like mine was... I check everything... However my symptoms were different... I had hanging idles when I pushed in my clutch... Hope u figure it out
What sadistic bastard at Ford thought it would be a good idea to put the IAC Valve where it is. You can't get to that.... But as I have read it is easier to remove the intake for that job.

I have had just about enough of this issue. It pisses me off every day. I am due for an e-test before the 25th too. I have to much to fix as well. Exhaust leak at the collector which needs new studs welded to the cat (don't ask). Find "small vacuum leak" somewhere, and fix my idle issue. I'm ready to throw a match at her.

Things replaced so far:
Cat
Flex pipe
Upstream O2 sensor
DPFE
PCV Valve and hose
and probably a bunch of other crap I can't remember right now because I'm to frustrated.

FML....
going under the car is much easier but you gotta feel where bolts are, then use ratchet with deep socket to take off iacv but be very careful not to touch starter.
It's an 8mm right Leo. I tried yesterday with a short socket and I didn't have enough room. You think I would have better luck with a deep socket?
Pages: 1 2 3