FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: WTB: Suspension for ZX4 ST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for suspension or a suspension kit let me know need my car dropped thank you its for 2007 ford focus zx4 st
If it was me I'd get the svt kit. And swap out the svt springs for sport lines. Vary good bang for ur buck. And you still retane full drive ability.
but wat is the difference between mine and the svt?? so if im going to give away the spring might as well just get the shocks no??
Svt struts 0.5in lower then stock focus and diff dampening I believe. Allso big sway bars. But as for what the ST is in comparison to the svt I dono. If there similar then just get sportlines or pro line springs
06 up has a diff suspension you would need adapters to get the svt setup to work
f**k dat than
Go on the frpp site and check out their catalog... A couple dif options there if your looking for cheap... If you want quality there's DGR coilovers... Also fswerks/cfm/any other focus part supplier will have a few dif lowering springs... Also... Massive makes an omni-kit so 05-07 can use 00-04 suspension kits... Might wanna check some of that out
(07-06-2011, 10:20 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Go on the frpp site and check out their catalog... A couple dif options there if your looking for cheap... If you want quality there's DGR coilovers... Also fswerks/cfm/any other focus part supplier will have a few dif lowering springs... Also... Massive makes an omni-kit so 05-07 can use 00-04 suspension kits... Might wanna check some of that out

Lots of options without going omni kit ...

for springs check out:

Eibach Pro-kit: 35108.140
FRPP M-5560-ZX3B (like Eibach Pro Kit)
FRPP M-5560-ZXM1 (real stiff and low, ask Kev - Focus, man. Focus)

For dampers check out:

FRPP M-18000-ZX3B (similar to SVT)
Ford AST286 / AST287 (front 05-08 wagon dampers, made in Belgium essentially same valving as SVT - leave rear dampers as stock) ** just revealed a little known trade secret here.
I assumed we all knew abought the Omni kit on the 05+
Is Kev not running an svt drop on an svt subframe?
(07-06-2011, 12:53 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]Is Kev not running an svt drop on an svt subframe?

He did buy the subframe but I think more for the brakes than the suspension. Prior to that he bought the FRPP suspension I had put on my red ZX5 track car (and then took off because my elderly internal organs couldn't take it anymore) ... I'm assuming that's what he still has on there.
I threw the SVT kit on mine with some apex spring (thanks to john and jamie. Haha) and they work flawlessly together. 2" drop and cost next to nothing. Minus that seized bolt in the front...got the gangsta lean going on. Haha