FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sweet, blissful silence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's the antithesis of what we normally strive for - a nice, snarly sound that isn't too ricey or annoying. Sadly, for over 20K I've had a whine coming from my accesory belt area. I inquired about it last year and was told it was "normal". I've also had a bit of a "shake" noise that I had thought was loose splashguards - but everything always felt tight.

So, finally the service manager diagnoses it as being either the tensioner pulley or something else. I confirm that everything to do with that belt / assemblies is under warranty and in she goes.

It comes out with a new idler pulley (bearings were going) and new swaybar endlinks.

Honestly, it never felt like swaybar endlinks. Now it sounds and feels like a brand new truck - if that truck has 100K on it.

Before, I was set to trade it in this fall or next spring. The constant whine was driving me absolutely nuts. It's all I could hear with the windows down. I had zero joy driving the truck, even with the RX-8 rims and Destination ST tires. Now? Not so sure. Might just finish paying it off next spring and just enjoy it. It gets decent gas mileage, it tows decently, I like my summer rims/tires, and I've recently found a proper intake and even headers for it. So... going to keep it for now. Smile

It's a good Friday for sure!