FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How long?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've ordered a new 2012 Focus, but the dealer can't seem to find a car at the trim level I want, and the colour I want. So, I'm wondering how long does it take to order a car from the factory, build it and finally get it?
Used to be 6-8 weeks. Don't be surprised if its 8-12 weeks now as Ford stuff is popular.
(07-11-2011, 10:46 PM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]I've ordered a new 2012 Focus, but the dealer can't seem to find a car at the trim level I want, and the colour I want. So, I'm wondering how long does it take to order a car from the factory, build it and finally get it?

The dealer has already committed his Focus orders for delivery 3 months from now and chances are he can't change the number of vehicles he has on order. To be clear - it takes about 3 months for an ordered vehicle to be delivered, but the dealer places orders on a monthly basis. The days of consumers specifying a vehicle and then the factory making it to that spec are long gone ... the way it works now is that the dealer has to make a commitment 3 months out for a specific number of Focus ... and once he is allocated that number he can configure them for inventory or for a customer.

So ... if one of the vehicles he has already ordered is what you want, then he can simply reassign it from being a vehicle for his inventory, to a sold vehicle destined for you. The delivery time will depend on the allocation period within which he made his commitment.

If one of the vehicles he has on order is close to what you want, within a certain time frame there are some things he can change without impacting the delivery date - but not all things. And the time frame may vary depending on what it is that needs to be changed ... ie: it's a lot easier changing the wheels required than changing from a hatch to a sedan.

If none of the vehicles he currently has on order is what you want or cannot be amended to match your requirements - then he might be able to factory order one for you. I say might because this assumes he he has the quantity of vehicles allocated to him. If it is a hot model, then all his allocation may already be assigned to customers - in which case he will not be able to factory order one for you, or if he can it might be many months in the future.
Oldeguy,

Congrats on your new car.
Would like to see pics as soon as you can.

From another website, there is this
ask a salesman anything - it might help.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...p?t=256571
It's funny how things work out sometimes.....I e-mailed Ford Customer Relations today, asking them if they could somehow be able to assist in my and my dealers search for a 2012 Focus CDan SEL with an automatic transmission and in Kona Blue. Amazingly, they responded, today, giving me a list Dealers that had a one. I looked at a couple of the cars, online, and the cars had more optional equipment than I care to have on my car. I did a little search of one of the dealers site, and found a SEL in the colour that my wife wants as her first choice, Frosted Glass. So, by the end of next week, I'll have a Frosted Glass Focus. Pics will be up shortly after. Just need to decide on the colour of FC.net decals........Big Grin
"Frosted Glass"? I assume that's a fancy way of saying "Silver"?

Congrats on the new car

NefCanuck
(07-12-2011, 12:09 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]light green, sort of
"Frosted Glass"? I assume that's a fancy way of saying "Silver"?

Congrats on the new car

NefCanuck

Nice dude! I drove a 2012 SEL hatch on the weekend. I SO wanted to take out a Titanium, and still do to compare suspensions.

Honestly, I was impressed. I want to wait for a 2012 ST, but even then a heavily-discounted or year-old Titanium hatch may be in the running. I liked the way the manumatic held gears when I fed it some throttle, how responsive the toggle shift was and how linear the brakes were. The SEL tires and suspension didn't impress me, but that's I'm not their target demographic.

Also, I've seen LOTS of Titaniums in town - almost half of the '12s I've seen have been Titanium hatches and sedans.
(07-13-2011, 12:45 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]Nice dude! I drove a 2012 SEL hatch on the weekend. I SO wanted to take out a Titanium, and still do to compare suspensions.

Honestly, I was impressed. I want to wait for a 2012 ST, but even then a heavily-discounted or year-old Titanium hatch may be in the running. I liked the way the manumatic held gears when I fed it some throttle, how responsive the toggle shift was and how linear the brakes were. The SEL tires and suspension didn't impress me, but that's I'm not their target demographic.

Also, I've seen LOTS of Titaniums in town - almost half of the '12s I've seen have been Titanium hatches and sedans.
I'm probably in their demographic, age wise. I figured that the SEL had some of the stuff that's important to my wife and I, as her medical condition makes some things more difficult to do, than a person in good health. Also, I wanted disc rear brakes, and in order to get them, it was either a SE with a Sports Appearence Package, or the SEL, for $100.00 more.titanium is more expensive in insurance, due to the sports tuned suspension, so, in a few years, if all is well, I could change up the suspension.....without a change in insurance.
^a smart bot