FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: SVT Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have a question.... I have a 2006 Focus ST (ZX4). is it possible to buy SVT Calipers, Pads and Rotors and bolt them up directly? or do i need any special lines or brackets?
The reason for asking is because i work for a dealer and get a pretty decent discount on OEM parts. Also while im in there i plan on upgrading to cross drilled rotors, so i dont feel like buying an entire kit just to turn back around and sell the pads and rotors again.
If this is possible awesome!! and if anyone knows, does this apply to the rears aswell? i also have the factory discs on my ST.
Any help would be much appreciated. In the meantime, i'll keep digging.
the only difference betweem ST and SVT is the caliper brackets and rotors. if you want to do the upgrade, then thats all you need plus your pad of choice to replace OEM.

I suggest simply doing a full upgrade, for the main reason that the brackets are upwards of 250$ from a dealer EACH at wholesale price when SVT kit comes with rotors, pads and everything else for less, then you can see off your ST rear discs and make a turn around for your self.

^^ for rears only.

SVT front requires rotor, pad and caliper for the ST upgrade
You can buy the front calipers from NAPA and they come with the brackets.
As for the rears the caliper itself is the same the only difference is the caliper bracket.

You'd need...
Both front calipers, rotors, and pads,
Both rear rotors, and rear caliper brackets.
Awesome help guys, I'm going to look into my pricing a bit more and see how it turns out, maybe ill upgrade to the slightly larger SVT brakes. Will there be any Interference with the backing plates? or are they all the same?
(07-15-2011, 12:05 AM)lonewolf Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome help guys, I'm going to look into my pricing a bit more and see how it turns out, maybe ill upgrade to the slightly larger SVT brakes. Will there be any Interference with the backing plates? or are they all the same?

The SVT kits from Ford Racing for the 05-09 does not appear to come with new backing plates, so an educated guess would be that you can use the ones you have.
(07-15-2011, 12:05 AM)lonewolf Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome help guys, I'm going to look into my pricing a bit more and see how it turns out, maybe ill upgrade to the slightly larger SVT brakes. Will there be any Interference with the backing plates? or are they all the same?

Just a thought ... if you think you might be needing new bearings in the near future, this would be the time to do that job too.
I upgraded my rear drums with SVT Rear disk brake kit. In total it cost $610 from Ford's SVT dealer on Dixie Rd - brand new - but you can probably find the same kit for cheaper.
(07-28-2011, 02:12 AM)marcazoid Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded my rear drums with SVT Rear disk brake kit. In total it cost $610 from Ford's SVT dealer on Dixie Rd - brand new - but you can probably find the same kit for cheaper.

You are correct sir ... you need look no further than our Group Buy section where you will find them available at 438 + HST.