FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Someone was busy.. first upgrade in 5 years!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before:

[Image: before.jpg]

What went in:

[Image: eibach.jpg]

No mo' 4x4!

[Image: after.jpg]

I'll tell ya, 6 years of rust, crap and corruption under there was no fun to deal with using only handtools. Thankfully, my parent's neighbors saw what was happening and loaned me his air tools to get the 2nd half done.

Rear springs = the big suck to remove. Ended up using a little bottle jack to pry the rear suspension apart a bit so I could force/kick the new ones in.
Had to do the same to mine. The rear springs were pure murder.
Thus being said, I don't think I could ever go back to stock without doing MAJOR disassembly to the back end.

Looks good! Now get some rims on that puppy.
Right on Todd. It's about time
Nice work Todd! Get a front strut tower brace as well if you don't have one already - it'll make the turn-in response of the car light right up.
(07-15-2011, 08:07 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Right on Todd. It's about time

We see it at a Monday meet or it didn't happen
(07-16-2011, 07:16 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2011, 08:07 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Right on Todd. It's about time

We see it at a Monday meet or it didn't happen

That may be doable! I have to work in Burlington on Guelph Line Monday evening (have to be there by 8ish or so), so I could stop in!
I'll hold you to it. A week Monday it is.....
It's a week from this coming Monday? Boo! I may or may not be in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia next Monday. I thought we were talking in 2 days. We'll see though, I don't know what I'm doing for next week until Thursday.
Did you buy that 5 years ago?
So far, loving the new suspension. Got a chance to give it a bit of a workout on the way to Bobcaygeon for work yesterday. Although, handling would probably be better without a couple hundred pounds worth of tools + equipment in the back.

Have a couple of creaks in the back, and a little squeak in the front that I have to track down. Already retorqued all the bolts after about 100 miles of driving. Strut bearings and mounts were replaced when I replaced everything else as well. Endlinks are tight and not clunking either.