FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sports Car VS Off Duty Officer in a Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought you guys would get a kick ou of this I came across this thread on GTA Motorcycles.

Off Duty Police officer, tries to race me then gives me a ticket
Hey Guys

This is very stupid, but true. I recently purchased a 2010 sports car. One that i been driving very carefully for a long time. However, today morning around 2am, on my way home from a friends party, I was stopped at a red light.

Next to me were 2 young people around my age (25). They looked at me and reved their engine. These people seemed to me as you normal people. They were in a ford focus. When the light turned green, they pulled off very fast....

I got the feeling they wished to have a lil race, So i pulled off and drove by them..... they then sped up some more. Initially I beat them hardcore, but i decided to slow down to comemorate them for at least trying.

Unfortunatly for me, turns out they were both off duty police officers. They quickly flashed thier IDs rolled down their window and screamed and told me to pull over. The funny part was they were speeding themselves, and I felt as tho I was entraped to race. They sped in an unmarked, civilian car.

I pulled over and here is what happend

1) They walked over got my licence
2) they Called another police officer
3) They came back and gave me a 49 over ticket
4) They told me not to take it to court as they would book it for the entire thing of me going well over 50

I dont know what my rights are.......... I feel stupid for racing them, and it does serve me right
but then again, I felt as tho I was put in that situation by police officers who raced me to begin with and once they lost..... took it out on me... Please guys what can I DO, i dont want my insurance to kill me at the time of renewal

My Reply was:

All I have to say is unless the Focus looked like this
[Image: 1481_importfest2008summer013.jpg]
you shouldn't of been racing him lol.

GTA Motorcycle Thread
LOL @ Drew for the pic.
lol, so many guys still want to race me at the lights and on 401.....and I look pretty much stock...

However in response to your photo this car here probably has 200whp on your old ride...iirc its 500something whp.
[Image: 0817091758b.jpg]
I don't get the pic but that story is so bull... wonder what ever happened to the guy who got the ticket
I would have ignored them, not pull over, and let them try to identify me in court, for exceeding a speed judged with no radar gun and an uncalibrated speedo in the Focus (which, by the way, would be the "out" if he took it to court).

The biggest mistake was pulling over. No lights, no markings, and goading me to race. They could be flashing Toys-R-Us badges for all I know, I ain't pulling over; and no court on earth would convict you, all you had to say is two crazies in a Focus were trying to pull you over and you feared for your safety.

Personally I call BS on the story.
I had a young guy in a Black Escape do the same thing with me. I smoked him and pulled into the center lane on Derry and Mavis. (3lanes wide) He pulled up to the right and I looked over and he flashed a badge at me. I looked to the left and there was a white Escape with 2 guys in it too. They flashed they're badges as well.

I then turned back to the Black Escape and said "so". He then said. "You need to learn a few things buddy". I said back, "ya, never flash a cop badge to a civilian with Police contacts when you provoke a street race and loose".

Light turned green and I left them again. I have no respect for most cops. Some are really good people but most are just young, dumb and un respectful of the power they were giving by the law...

And I 2X the Pic Dru posted too!!! lol
(07-16-2011, 01:54 PM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]lol, so many guys still want to race me at the lights and on 401.....and I look pretty much stock...

However in response to your photo this car here probably has 200whp on your old ride...iirc its 500something whp.

That car is awesome.
Total sleeper.
(07-18-2011, 10:45 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2011, 01:54 PM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]lol, so many guys still want to race me at the lights and on 401.....and I look pretty much stock...

That car is awesome.
Total sleeper.

Sleepers are my favourite Big Grin