FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Bottomed Out Last Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had to pick up a can of coffee last night. I went to the local Timmys Drive Thru and I bottomed out while leaving the driveway. At first I thought it was the rocker that hit. It was about midnight so I didn't take a look when I got home. But I did when I got into work this morning, and this is what I found.

[Image: Bottomedout.jpg]
(this photo was taken from the drivers door looking back at the passenger rear tire)

Now my exhaust is making all sorts of noise at idle. It sounds like I am shaking a bag full of empty beer cans. I guess I am going to have to somehow get under there and either take it off or hammer it back up. Do you think I can go after the city to pay for the dammages as it happened as I was crossing the sidewalk leaving the parking lot.
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 26 2009, 09:52 AM Wrote:Do you think I can go after the city to pay for the dammages as it happened as I was crossing the sidewalk leaving the parking lot.
[right][snapback]281713[/snapback][/right]

No - first thing they'll ask you is if the car is lowered ... those things are pretty easy to get back into shape - you may have to McGuyver the fasteners if the actual shield is ripped - or just take the whole thing off for now.
I had hit snow up in Bolton bad one night. About 3 feet of it had drifted onto the road. Blow a fog light and my heatshield is off on the rear. The nuts should still be there maybe. I can't see your pic though but good luck. Best thing is use a good floor jack and a creeper.
It's just a heat shield. I cut mine off a few years ago. No ill effects as of yet.

I put my car up on ramps and cut it off with tin snips.

Ryan
[Image: ahh.gif]

Dude, that sucks... but they will bend you over about having a lowered car if you try to go after them.

Roll the tin up and sell it to a ricer as a JDM muffler? :lol:
isn't Timmies is usually privatly owned?
NikiterZTS,Feb 26 2009, 04:14 PM Wrote:isn't Timmies is usually privatly owned?
[right][snapback]281762[/snapback][/right]

I caught it on the sidewalk edge as I crossed over the edge closest to the street. I would say it is the City side of the property. Not to concerned about it. I will just hammer it up or just cut it off completely.
reldridge,Feb 26 2009, 04:36 PM Wrote:It's just a heat shield. I cut mine off a few years ago. No ill effects as of yet.

I put my car up on ramps and cut it off with tin snips.

Ryan
[right][snapback]281716[/snapback][/right]

I did the same, no problems yet