FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: MP3 Downloads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Need a little help, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

It's been along time since I've downloaded any music. Last time I downloaded anything I used Limewire which is no more.

So my question is, what do you guys use to download music. I'm trying frostwire right now, but it doesn't seem to search very well for individual songs.

TFYH,

Cheers
torrents
My favorite was Rolling Stone's top 500 of all time.
(07-27-2011, 10:25 AM)habmann Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Need a little help, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

It's been along time since I've downloaded any music. Last time I downloaded anything I used Limewire which is no more.

So my question is, what do you guys use to download music. I'm trying frostwire right now, but it doesn't seem to search very well for individual songs.

TFYH,

Cheers

I don't download music all the time ... but when I do, I download from youtube using a free youtube to mp3 converter.

Edit: to be clear I still buy a shitload of music on CD, DVD, and online - much of my family is in the music biz, so I like to support it. The youtube converter is excellent especially for live performances that simply aren't for sale anywhere.
In order of reliability:
IRC XDCC Bots
Private Torrent Sites (ratio sites).
Public Torrent Sites (http://www.isohunt.com) is a good generic one.
http://www.torrentpond.com is a great Torrent site aggregator.
(07-27-2011, 10:38 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]I don't download music all the time ... but when I do, I download from youtube using a free youtube to mp3 converter.

Can you provide info on this? What program?
oscar,

google for youtube video converters

i use benderconverter and video2mp3

on that note, I'm with Ken on this one. Youtube for music.
What's the compression on those songs from YouTube?
Frostwire is what the wife uses. She says its the same as limewire with a different name.
(07-28-2011, 06:45 AM)blackbirdphoto Wrote: [ -> ]What's the compression on those songs from YouTube?

My program gives me a choice ... I believe I choose the "insane" quality which IIRC is 320kbps, 48000hz
Use BitTorrent as the downloading app and use KickAssTorrents http://www.kat.ph/

Read the reviews and just use common sense when downloading something you are not sure of.
I like to download torrents because you can get the complete cd instead of getting it song by song. Usually better quality then using frostwire and you dont get someone yelling like DJ Clue used to back in the day
MP3 Rocket works.

02ztsian

I download torrents from piratebay.com
I was able to find a map upgrade for Magellan as well as all my music and movies.
Plus I love being able to put a movie on a flash drive and plug it into the TV rather than burning to a DVD.
for youtube, you need to search and dig for the right video to convert - some are louder, others lower, shorter, longer, different pitch etc.

edit: and some are 240p. I try to find ones that are 480p or greater