FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cleaning Tinted Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm getting my tools and supplies together, to try and keep my new car looking new for the next 20 years or so....Smile I've got my wax, detergent, tire cleaner, rim cleaner, glass cleaner, plastic cleaner, tire shine, etc. Then, I realized that I'm going to need a different glass cleaner for the interior windows, as the windows are tinted. Can anyone give me some advice on what to buy?
Don't use Windex or any amonia based cleaner. Use the foam stuff.
yeah they sell window cleaners at crappy tire that specifically say "ammonia free" thats formulated to be tint-safe. look for that stuff
Bon Ami is the best window cleaner. Period.
I'll chime in for Stoner's Invisible Glass.

NefCanuck
I use stoners also.
Are we liking Stoner's 'cause of the product, or the name? I have Stoner's with rain-ex for the exterior of the windows, so I guess I'll get Stoner's for the interior. As always, thanks guys. Once I get it washed and waxed and lookin' prettier, I'll post some pics, if I remember how.....
I use it because "It Just Works"

No film, no streaks, no nothin' and if used on the outside and inside glass you can practically see the weave of the fabric of my shirt Tongue

NefCanuck
Stoners is the best... I've used it on both my cars! Says tint safe right on the can...
(08-03-2011, 01:18 PM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm getting my tools and supplies together, to try and keep my new car looking new for the next 20 years or so....Smile I've got my wax, detergent, tire cleaner, rim cleaner, glass cleaner, plastic cleaner, tire shine, etc. Then, I realized that I'm going to need a different glass cleaner for the interior windows, as the windows are tinted. Can anyone give me some advice on what to buy?

If it's the factory tint, then you don't need any special kind of cleaner - factory tint is not a film, it's "baked" into the glass itself.

If it's an aftermarket tint, then yeah - go with the stoners.

BTW - the Bon Ami that meford mentioned starts life as a powder, but when mixed with water it is non-abrasive and there is nothing better for removing that film that accumulates on the outside of the window - and for just pennies.
I just got my windows tinted the other day you do not need anything special.