FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transmission Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to swap the transmission out of my 2002 and picked up a 2000 with low miles on it. but to make the 2000 i had to swap the shift linkage from the 2002 onto it so that the cables would work.

i've run into a problem now though and do not have any solutions left. the counter weight on the linkage is hitting the nut on the top transmission mount stud when i try to put it in 1st and 3rd gear.

i cannot figure out a way to get the clearance over then nut and everything seems to be in the correct position.

has anybody run into this problem before?
can you bend the counterweight a little to clear it?

iirc I put a 2k trannny in my old 2001 zx3 and it worked fine, with the exception of the harness for the reverse lights was not the same and I just ran without reverse lights, somehow passed all safety certifications like that.
an you swap those parts over from the old tranny? I swapped an 04 to my 00 focus and never had any of these issues. Shitteh
ya, i still have the old tranny and took the linkage off the new and placed it on the old and it hits too so we are really stumped. the only thing i'm thinking is the weight rotated but there seems to be a pin to hold it in place. i will take some pictures tonight but with neither of you having any ideas i am not hopeful
I know for the SVT you can remove the counter weight with no ill effect, i wonder if its the same on a regular foci?
Figured it out. Mixed up a bolt and a stud from the two trannys. Not a good idea to wait 8 from tear down to reassembly