FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Computers....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any body in the ottawa gatineau area want to make some $$ just need somebody with a computer that can come take a peek at my car for me.
explain??
He's looking for someone with a code reader I think...

NefCanuck
(08-12-2011, 10:50 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]explain??

I had a bad MAFS so i ordered a new one from pro m racing. they didnt have the exact calibration i needed to fit my car so they sent me one calibrated to my hp rating. this is the email i got back from them.

"If you remember our conversations the meter is calibrated for the horse power range you are looking for. Since we do not have the exact calibration for your meter we gave you a general calibration. All you have to do is tune the computer. The meter will do what you need and more!"

(08-12-2011, 10:58 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]He's looking for someone with a code reader I think...

NefCanuck

I have a very basic code reader from sct. i used it to program my mustang (rip) but its still good for my codes! I just cant change any paramaters with it.
I have a laptop and a sct x3

don't know how they'd be any help.
(08-14-2011, 07:54 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]I have a laptop and a sct x3

don't know how they'd be any help.

Do you habe a program on your laptop or sct that allows any paramaters to be changed at all
No, and pretty much no one else does either.

Unless, of course, you wanna dish out quite a few more $'s to buy the tuning software/become a dealer.

edit: I also have a desktop but one of the 3 HDD's in is fried.
You can buy the s/w on the internet for under 600. I'm surprised no one has this. Especially when replacing a maf sensor is now costing me 1000 to buy and now get a re tune. 500 to calibrate in a maf is insane and personally I would rather buy the s/w to do it myself, but there's the wait time on that, anybody interested in maybe buying this together at all
TBH I have no clue on MAF sensor calibrating.

When mine was replaced, it was dealer done and was sub-300$. Sounds to me like you shoulda got one outta a junkyard focus and had Randy at FSWerks do a tune for you.
Yeah, well I was only replacing what came out of it, a 75mm pro m maf. Its just been a bad experience with this car since day 1 is all. Guess ill just bite the bullet and take it to psi in the dark side. I will be buying a tuning program though, not going to be spending thousands on tuning in the future
psi in the dark side?

you're confusing me bro. I'll let someone else chim in at this point cause I have no clue what's going on anymore.

PROTIP: Randy from FSWerks
Haha yeah sorry man, I just refer to quebec as the dark side. Not an insult I live there. All I'm saying is there is software you can buy to do the tuning yourself. Its a good investment and would really cut down on dyno and tuning time which isn't cheap. I will call fs werks since randy seems to have a lot of positive reviews.
wait, you're in Ottawa!

hell I didn't even know you had flo's old focus until I went through your other thread.

cool!!

i know there's software out there. I thought it was actually closer to ~700$ for it. I personally wouldn't mess around with it but then again I don't know much about tuning cars.

TBH i felt that spending 400$ for the x3 and tune was a bit steep but... oh well...