FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: grinding type sound in front end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my 07 has started to grinding rubbing sound when i turn right, I thought of bearing or cv joint but i looked at both and from what i thought if it was a bearing there would be some play in the wheel but there is none aswell no movment in cv shaft?

Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue?
Mostlikely the wheel bearing. You really cant see the moement unless its really bad.
(08-16-2011, 01:19 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Mostlikely the wheel bearing. You really cant see the moement unless its really bad.

it'll sound like metal grinding on metal, at least mine did.

my rear wheel bearing had play in it (and a bunch lol), front wheel bearing was only noise.

hands at 12 and 6 is to check for wheel bearing play, 9 and 3 is for steering play.
Jack your front up and then lift the rim and tire up and down, if there's play then it's your wheel bearing.
thats the thing there is no play?
Make sure your caliper isn't dragging on the rotor, and also make sure you're not worn through on the brake pads themselves. That could also cause the grinding noise.
definately wheel bearing, my cheapo foci i just picked up needs both fronts done, and holy crap is it a horrific sound, so yeah, go get yourself some bearings, cheap and easy fix