FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Want To Buy A Delorean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like the badge is temporarily back from the dead...

yes, you too can own a brand new DeLorean for only $57,000 US...

check out their homepage

They also have webcams of the lot, showroom and build areas... pretty neat.
Got a buddy who has one. I can ride in it any-"time".
Yes you can go back to the future!
Yeah DMC has been putting them together for a while now. Price is way up though, in 01' they were $29 500 US.

Heh, the DMC-12 is by far my all-time favorite car. I WILL own one, haha.

So oscar ... score me a ride? Me love you long time! Haha.
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 23 2009, 05:18 PM Wrote:Got a buddy who has one.  I can ride in it any-"time".
[right][snapback]281573[/snapback][/right]

do you guys go often to 1955 at all?
There's one parked in my parking garage as well. I'd love to know what caused the sudden resurgence in Briklins and deloreans in the hood.

I even saw a Rolls Royce Phantom the other day. I'll post a pic sometime, but it was so black, you can't really make it out against the night sky;.
I remember reading in Road & Track (when they first came out), that the Delorean had a 0 - 60 time of 10.5 seconds. :o

...slower than any focus :lol:
NikiterZTS,Feb 23 2009, 10:12 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 23 2009, 05:18 PM Wrote:Got a buddy who has one.  I can ride in it any-"time".

[right][snapback]281583[/snapback][/right]

No there's just a bunch of "squares" around that time. Mostly we hit the mid-late 60's, cheap weed and cheap gas. One thing tho we don't go to the future anymore. Last time we did that to see Puppet's future, and we couldn't f***ing believe it. Never seen so many young women in one place. We call it Hef-North. Steve is gonna be one happy guy in about 30 years. :D

Oh and just to prove that I do have a friend with a DeLorean, here's me giving him a boost.

[Image: n833575246_4347958_1399.jpg]
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 23 2009, 11:32 PM Wrote:

No there's just a bunch of "squares" around that time. Mostly we hit the mid-late 60's, cheap weed and cheap gas. One thing tho we don't go to the future anymore. Last time we did that to see Puppet's future, and we couldn't f***ing believe it. Never seen so many young women in one place. We call it Hef-North. Steve is gonna be one happy guy in about 30 years. :D

Oh and just to prove that I do have a friend with a DeLorean, here's me giving him a boost.

[right][snapback]281587[/snapback][/right]

I hope your battery has the 1.21 jiggawatts needed.
Deloreans are always running out of electricity.

The delorean site has the performance engine option which gets you a whopping 190hp of naturally aspirated joy.

Just have to keep in context the fact that deloreans were made in the early 80's -- after the 1st major fuel crisis.. even supercars barely had over 200hp in those days.
also, you had to keep those puppies moving. If it was hot enough and you were stuck in traffic, you'd better hope you had a boot full of rad hoses.
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 23 2009, 10:32 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]281587[/snapback][/right]

Now there's a sight - A Ford boosting a parts-bin Chev! :lol:

I just can't justify paying that kind of cash for a stainless steel Fiero. Warranty or not, owning / driving one of those, especially new (to this year) means your life largely revolves around a single series of movies.

And that is like maybe two steps above Honda Nation fanboy.
you have to give Deloreans props where they deserve it.

It's not just about the movies, but the way the whole car was conceived and built. Sure, they weren't much better than the Bricklin, but that's what makes them so admirable.

And besides... name a Countach, or pre- F40 Ferrari that started on every attempt... that's what these cars were all about.
dBlast,Feb 24 2009, 02:53 AM Wrote:I remember reading in Road & Track (when they first came out), that the Delorean had a 0 - 60 time of 10.5 seconds. :o

...slower than any focus :lol:
[right][snapback]281586[/snapback][/right]

come on! they were not designed to be driven fast. Why do you need to drive fast when you can go back to future or just future.

Regadless of how fast your car is he could be there before you!!!! :D