FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: SS brake lines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recommendations on what brand to get? Planning the use to be for a bit of autocross. My front ones are showing wear from rubbing so they need to be replaced.

I've seen recommendations for one brand, then recommendations for another. IDK what to get... any help?

Thanks,
Russell
russell, I haz, they r win Tongue
Have they lasted? I don't want to have to change them again in the near future.
SS brake lines should last much longer than oem rubber ones.
iv had them on almost 2 years and they still look like they just came out of the box
As I mentioned in another thread, be carefull with these in the winter, keep them clean. The salt builds up int hem and they will start to frey after years of use. My mechanic showed me some on a WRX that were starting to frey and failed the guys safety because of it.
The russel lines actually have a rubber/plastic sheathing over them from end to end, keeps them lookin good and all that garbage out
(08-22-2011, 11:29 PM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]As I mentioned in another thread, be carefull with these in the winter, keep them clean. The salt builds up int hem and they will start to frey after years of use. My mechanic showed me some on a WRX that were starting to frey and failed the guys safety because of it.

(08-25-2011, 06:33 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]The russel lines actually have a rubber/plastic sheathing over them from end to end, keeps them lookin good and all that garbage out

I had read that "modern" or, newer SS lines all have that rubber/plastic sheathing.

Thanks for bringing it up though, nate!
http://www.steeda.ca/ford-focus-parts/2....ll/693250/

Steeda has em for 83$
originally the website had em listed for 135 but I called it in, turns out its cheaper than their american sites too. I'm (y) about it
I placed the order late Thursday evening/night

It shipped Tuesday around noon... but FedEx got it here today by 2! Focus should be track ready by tomorrow Big Grin
Hi. I was going to suggest KVR Performance out of Ottawa. The lines on my dd Marauder are mint after 6 years. http://kvrperformance.com/

Which ones did you end up getting?
The ones I linked to from Steeda,

I'll keep KVR in mind though I have a lot of brake fade to deal with so I'll want to change that up sooner than later
(09-03-2011, 06:03 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]The ones I linked to from Steeda,

I'll keep KVR in mind though I have a lot of brake fade to deal with so I'll want to change that up sooner than later

If fade is a problem, then make sure you do a full brake fluid flush to all four corners when you do your brake lines, and consider upgrading your fluid.
my work custom makes ss brake lines...any colour hose any colour fittinggs.. mine are all blue ss
[Image: 308903_10150280197073565_504893564_78098...8494_n.jpg]
jeez you guys are all too late to the party... if these ones fail then I'll send you a PM or something lol...