FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: new to a focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys my names brandon, and i just bought a 2003 focus, zts , its pretty stock for now, im running into issues trying to run my power wired for my sub, does any one have any ideas other then the wheel well, or steering shaft ?
Stuntbiker...,

Welcome to the site.

Hey, I've been to Brandon.

A biker eh; any flatland stuff?

You should be able to find your wiring answer here.
There are a lot of people with good information.

Enjoy.
2009 sel no flat land stuff more some mild dirt jumps and street, as for the wiring hopefully i can ive searched for hours onthe web and nothings really shown up
welcome, as for running wires, there's a plastic plug on the driver side, behind the kick pannel near the fuse box that u can take out and cut to pass the wire through or what ive had to do for smaller wires like for gauges is drill a hole by where the throttle cable comes through.
there is easier way, locate hood latch cable, drill right below it and use grommet around, run wire through there.

near throttle cable is good spot too, but if you dont know what you are doing, power wire will catch onto steering shaft and end up damage something.

and make double triple sure you are putting fuse inline close to battery side, not right at the amp.
(08-22-2011, 03:16 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]there is easier way, locate hood latch cable, drill right below it and use grommet around, run wire through there.

near throttle cable is good spot too, but if you dont know what you are doing, power wire will catch onto steering shaft and end up damage something.

and make double triple sure you are putting fuse inline close to battery side, not right at the amp.

i would preffer not to do drilling but it might look like it seeing as i cant find said plug at all , the only plug i see is square and has fuse fuse panel wiring through it
i m not a hacking butcher and i am certified pro on this thing, i have done tons of these and nobody came back for wiring problem.
drilling is okay as long as it is not downgrading strength or modifying body frame.

that plug, if you open the door and look at it, you will see plug there, you can use that as well but i am not a big fan of running wire that way and over the fender. it is okay to do so on full body but not for unibody..
it is up to you because it is your car but if you do that way, make sure you are avoiding running wires over sharp edge and not exposed to outside.
i honestly just dont trust my self drilling into a car and i wanted to avoid that fender route 100 percent as thats way to sketchy for my likings
Hi Brandon,

My names paolo, I have a focus that is almost the same year as yours, mine is one year older, anyways, I remember when I was running the wire for my amplifiers I did not need to drill a hole, I found an existing area, I dont know if its the same as your car but guessing since they are a year apart and same generation you might also find the same spot I used. It was an existing hole plugged up by a rubber gromet. I simply popped out the rubber gromet, made a small hole in it, then stuck my positive wire through the gromet, then affixed the gromet back into place and covered it with the floor matting. I have not had any water leaks ever, and had this car for 10 years. if u have trouble finding it, pm me your e-mail address, as i will take a high res pic of it and i can e-mail it to u.
(08-22-2011, 02:35 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]welcome, as for running wires, there's a plastic plug on the driver side, behind the kick pannel near the fuse box that u can take out and cut to pass the wire through or what ive had to do for smaller wires like for gauges is drill a hole by where the throttle cable comes through.

why's no one mentioned the clutch pedal?

I have 0 gauge wire running through there. Putty'd around it to seal. It's a plastic piece about 1 inch up and to the left I think of the clutch pedal.

Assuming you have a manny. I'll go outside and double check quickly...

ok so yeah, the 0 gauge comes up from above the clutch pedal (couldn't see exactly where cause i didnt have a light) and then it runs under the carpet to the trunk of the focus (it goes across underneath the rear bench to the trunk)

it's in the carpet between the seat and the door, so the part where it bends upwards.
(08-27-2011, 09:29 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2011, 02:35 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]welcome, as for running wires, there's a plastic plug on the driver side, behind the kick pannel near the fuse box that u can take out and cut to pass the wire through or what ive had to do for smaller wires like for gauges is drill a hole by where the throttle cable comes through.

why's no one mentioned the clutch pedal?

I have 0 gauge wire running through there. Putty'd around it to seal. It's a plastic piece about 1 inch up and to the left I think of the clutch pedal.

Assuming you have a manny. I'll go outside and double check quickly...

ok so yeah, the 0 gauge comes up from above the clutch pedal (couldn't see exactly where cause i didnt have a light) and then it runs under the carpet to the trunk of the focus (it goes across underneath the rear bench to the trunk)

it's in the carpet between the seat and the door, so the part where it bends upwards.

yea i ended up just paying best buy to do it, but the bastard broke two interior peices and ford doesnt make them any more sadly

Scrap yard here you come!! And that's also y you do it yourself!! Y pay someone to do a job you can do yourself for no cost!