FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drove my first JDM today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-09-2011, 02:07 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ all these future cars Adam and Focus is still not done Undecided

All it needs is body and paint, and it's not getting that now just to be put away for the winter in a garage.

So many impatient people who don't own Focuses. *sigh*

It'll likely get a tune in a week or so. You guys have NO IDEA what I've had to go through with this car. 320Ks (and more) of just sheer WTF everytime something goes awry.

Honestly, Stan's a great guy and all but a LOT of routine maintenance just never happened. Lots of parts left on to linger far beyond their time.

Even more... but I'm not going there. Let's just say I've discovered things about the car that shouldn't be there given its history. More... "work" to deal with.
So, we ended up getting the car, and had it for almost a full week. It was a lot of fun, got a lot of positive attention, and actually garnered zero negative attention from the local law enforcement agencies or people that would want to steal it.

I can say that after driving it for almost a week, I really liked being able to shift with my left hand (being left-handed and all), and didn't feel uncomfortable navigating the streets from the RHS of the car at all. The car was quite responsive, the suspension was actually fantastic on the highway (though it sucked ballz on the rough streets in Ottawa), and it's definately a kind of car I would look for myself if I wanted/needed a toy (I still have the 77 Chevy Silverado that's going to be made into a resto-mod street truck eventually).

After driving it for the week, I let the owner know what I thought was wrong with it, or what it needed, including the car having a severe dead-spot at around 3800-4200 rpm, and feeling that the engine and turbo aren't setup properly (should be more powerful than it is). Gotta love the locking rear diff too (the inner wheel would hop/shift in tight corners at low speeds), which he said is actually factory (has something to do with the HICAS, and it being RWD, and forcing the car to go straight as much as possible).

All in all, it was a fun ride, and perhaps I can post some pics, with his permission of the car.

L8tz
Never seen a rhd car in person... Is the gear layout the same (ie. 1st in upper left)? I assume it would because of the transmissions
^^^ "Never seen a rhd car in person"
It's almost hard to believe....
True story haha... Even though a salesman drives a rhd civic... I've never bothere to check it out cuz it's a piece lol
(10-06-2011, 07:05 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Never seen a rhd car in person... Is the gear layout the same (ie. 1st in upper left)? I assume it would because of the transmissions

Its funny when you get pulled over throws the cops off.
Pages: 1 2