FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dyno Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2:00pm is when we'll be there today (Saturday).
Numbers?
226whp/226wtq. Put it at 12psi with AFR of 12.0. Gonna send the runs to Randy for update. I'll say this much:

1. UDP and hi-flow cats do not add any HP to a boosted application BUT it does add to mileage when compared to OEM. I did 7.4L/100km (usually I get 8.0) even with a slow leaking tire and friends whom like to drive fast. If all things were good and I drove at normal paces (110km/h), I bet I could hit 6.5L/100km.

2. Gonna sell my AEM Truboost this winter and get a Eboost2. Truboost is nice for the setup and ease of use, but I want something that keeps me at 12psi for the whole power band.

3. I've decided I'm going to upgrade the car for tranny next year. There is a guy on Focaljet with a nice already built tranny for 1500.00 that I'm really thinking about, but I'd prefer to go new.
I put down 112WHp / 120WTQ, with the caveat that it was a 3rd gear pull (I've been told that low-balls your numbers) and it had the factory tune (didn't have time to get a 91 tune from Randy).

Now, on the way home we were "playing" and I notced something on the way down, actually: our buddy's Mazda3 is geared identically to me. Completely. When we "played" in 4th and stomped it, he didn't pull on me - our engine notesd were always in sync. Same with rocketing up to "legal' speeds from a light. Cruising we sounded like one car going by when one was behind the other. Butt dyno tells me I'm at about 125-130WHP with about 140WTQ, given his weight difference. He put down 166WHP with similar mods to mine, header included and full CAI, on a 2.3 MZR.

The power curves suggested I had all kinds of midrange (which I do) and nothing after 5500 (also true). It also showed my "flutter" I've noted at ~4200 - 4300RPMs. To solve this issue, I'm hopinto tune in the next week or two with a 91 tune from Randy at FSWerks that takes into account all of my mods. Also, I gutted the intake when I got home and am now running a classic K+N RE-0930 3" ID cone filter on the outside end of the MAF. Already I've picked up a few WHP/WTQ over the Iceman intake with panel K+N filter. I retained the Iceman intake tube between the TB and the MAF.

If the "flutter" remains after the tune, which I doubt, then all that's left is either fuel injectors (unlikely), to wit I have 30lb'ers I got from Kev, or fuel pump (which I'd replace in the spring with a 02+ pump - higher flow). Also, unless cash is in the toilet, I'm going to finally get a 2nd lower KMs longblock, port over the good stuff I have (like early '00 IM and ported TB, UDP, etc) and get a FSWerks turbo kit.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...ab7&type=1 - let me know if this works. Pics from Saturday.
Pages: 1 2