FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So... who autocrosses?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who here autocrosses?

Did it for the first time today... and I'm hooked. I had an absolute blast today and as I was doing more and more runs I was getting better and better times. Being my first time ever, I thought I'd do really poorly... so I got an instructor for the first few runs to give me pointers. First run he was saying when to brake or when to punch it. My focus ran really good and was actually a lot of fun to run hard especially as I grew more confident.

If you haven't autocrossed, ever, I highly recommend it!! Can't wait to do it again...
I've tried. It was fun but was turned off that we only got to run 4 times for the whole day. Too many cars.
(09-06-2011, 09:42 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried. It was fun but was turned off that we only got to run 4 times for the whole day. Too many cars.

Was there not a cap on registration?

With the MCO I did 8 timed runs and I think it was 2(maybe 3) fun runs (not timed, not marshaled). Setup starts at 7:30am and people were doing runs by 10:15 until 3:45, then with the extra time left it was fun runs until 4. There was also a registration cap of 80.

Maybe you went with the wrong organization?
Cant remember what organization set it up but it was 4 runs and all of them were timed. So there was a lot of standing around and waiting.
I'm sure I'll do it again but it didn't give me a thrill like course road does.
Yeah I've heard that too from another person...

What's makes road racing that much more thrilling?
HIGH SPEED ! and the fact that you can manage to handle it .

(09-06-2011, 10:21 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]What's makes road racing that much more thrilling?

Maybe once my focus is a bit faster I'll do a road course Tongue

looks like I need to up my tire pressure,
[Image: 300735_1927215193726_1642560143_1528493_7444025_n.jpg]
Once mine gets its new parts on , it will be ready for some track fun.
You don't really need a fast car to hit road coarse. Need good tires, brakes (including high performance brake fluid if you wanna do more than 2-3 hard laps) and suspension. It's still great to go there with a stock car and see how it reacts.

I'll be probably hitting Cayuga on Sept.17. You're welcome to come.
(09-05-2011, 11:45 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]If you haven't autocrossed, ever, I highly recommend it!! Can't wait to do it again...

Wait till you do bogie.

the Autocrossing will help you at the lapping days also so keep it up.

Moving this to the right forum.

Why does everybody leave out the driver ? For instance this guy Mitchell who is an instructor at various events such as SVTOA Redline drives a S/C Focus SVT. He is one hell of a driver , smooth and fast . Good luck keeping up with him around the corners . But Nik is right , it's not all in the engine . But it does help a little (more) power . I learned that first hand Angry.
(09-08-2011, 01:01 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]You don't really need a fast car to hit road coarse. Need good tires, brakes (including high performance brake fluid if you wanna do more than 2-3 hard laps) and suspension. It's still great to go there with a stock car and see how it reacts.

Thanks Nate for moving it!

I'm actually doing another autocross this weekend with MCO in Blainville (north of Montreal), then again on the 17th back here in Ottawa with MCO (even getting my step dad up here with his car to do one! he's gunna smoke me) and I think again on october 2nd (if the date gets confirmed). All depends if the car survives until then, lol.
As long as you're having fun!
What tires are you running?
(09-08-2011, 12:47 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you're having fun!
What tires are you running?

I'm just running street tires - general exclaim... they look like the UHP's (and I think they are, I can't find any other general exclaims out there)
they're nice, I like em in the rain.

Vid 1 from today's autocross

And vid 2 from today's autocross

I've got a few pics to post later too
Man, whoever doesn't get into this is missing out on so much fun...

[Image: 300322_2004097275730_1642560143_1588888_95580380_n.jpg]
Holy body roll!!
Yea lol... Losing lots of traction there no matter what tires ur running... Stiffen that slut up a bit
That's for next summer
Autocross is fun. Lapping at an actual track is a drug!
Pages: 1 2