FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: eBay Cossie IM knockoff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if the eBay cossie knockoff is worth it... Personally they look pert-near identical... I'm figuring the downside to these would be the quality of the actual IM, in regards to how it was formed and the type of aluminum used etc... Just wondering of anyone seen these, read about them, or even had one themselves... I know Jaime has a legit cossie im and they are superb quality... But for 800 bucks... and I am gonna end up cutting the I'M so it fits with my stock power steering location I'd feel better about chopping up 300 bucks compared to 800

eBay [Image: 14326076.jpg]

Cossie
http://fswerks.com/cosworth-manifold.htm
[Image: c5615bcd.jpg]
i say no, when it comes to performance parts, knock off isnt good.
Say no to chineese metal. I don't believe randy will program ecu w/ these also. There is a lot of "finishing" work needed to make it up to snuff such as cleaning the plenum and runners up, there is also an area that needs a drill and tap done. Fswerks now sells a modded version of the cossie @ 925 I believe plus shipping.

I had my machining done for free, its easy to measure and mark. Not so easy to cut, weld and reblast properly.