FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wheel Spacers/Adapters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K so I hava question about Spacers-Adapters. I`m kinda newbie when it comes to wheels and tires. I want to get a set of aftermarket rims and tires but I know 4x108 is a rare bolt pattern and I see alot of rims for sale on Kijiji or rim shops that are more common and cheaper to purchase like the Honda bolt pattern 4x100 - 4x114.3. I was wondering why more people wouldnt convert their bolt pattern from 4x108 to say 4x100. Is it an issue of rubbing or the thickness of the adapter, or looks. My car is dropped 2 inches also so would that be a problem. I`m looking to get 17`s since 18`s would probably rub. Any kind of education or opinion on this would be helpful please. I attached a pic of what they would look like I assume. Not even sure where to order these just saw them advertised.
Some ppl don't like the adapters/spacers due to safety concerns. Also you may be able to find those bolt patterns easier but try finding one with an offset high enough to work with a 1 inch or 1.25inch adapter.
I sell adapters through my work. They are 1.25" thick, which would push the wheel even further out away from the car. With a 2" drop you would definitely rub in the twisties. Also you are moving the load further out away from the hub. For the $50-75. per adapter you could invest that money towards a set of wheels that actually fit your car. Winter is coming so you don't really need wheels this season. Check the forums, craigslist and kijiji throughout the winter and find something that was actually made to work on your car.

That is what I would do. Actually that's what I did and ultimately happy for it
as long as it is hubcentric and tuv approved, it should be good.
Ya but you will need a very high offset wheel, for instance a 17x7 wheel with a 60mm off set and no bigger than 215 45 17 tires.

Ull have less luck finding those then proper wheels
Good, yes Leo. Except for the fact he may have a fitment issue with the drop of his car and offset of the wheels. Buyer beware.
why would u want to have 60mm?
unless he is going for kit car looks, fiero chasis with ferrari/lamborgini/porsche body on looks slike this..
[Image: gffgfgfgfgf.jpg]
He would need a 60mm offset to take in the 1.5" adapter plates on the hubs.

OP: Find a correct set of wheels and save yourself a whole lot of trouble.
no, when it is higher offset, that means center is 0, 60mm is poking out by 60mm, so when it actually mount to the car, wheel tucks in, not out.
ford is what 47mm offset, most aftermarket is 42mm, i got 25mm.
Great debate going on guys. Look what I started ha. So if i stuck with 17" wheels say 17x7 with a 60mm spacer/adapter it could work? I dont mind if the tires flair out past the fenders a bit but its just the rubbing issue i could see. So 18"s would be a no go if i were to get 4x108 18"? they'd rub regardless?
I agree Leo. You are correct, but remember that with the adapter plates the hub is now 38mm further out. So a 60mm offset would put the rim back where it belongs. Good luck finding a Honda wheel with an offset that high. Also your wheels without the body kit stick out, add a drop and you would rub under hard cornering. Hell I rub with 4 adults with the correct offset. But I am 3" lower than stock in the back.
60mm both sides you mean.
if you have 42mm offset, then it will be 12mm offset total.
mine right now is 25mm, yours will stick out more.

and here is a good link explains offset
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/...offset.htm
op, if you are not adding widebody kit, lets keep it simple, roll fenders.
Leo, I'm not getting anywhere with you.

My OZ's have a 42mm offset. Let's say the OP gets a set of 4x100 wheels with the same. Adds a set of 1.5" adapter plates. Which is 38.1mm. Add 42mm + 38mm = 70mm of required offset to get the center of the wheel back to where it belongs. 60mm of offset would have the face out 1cm from stock. Not bad.

Understand????
no if you are adding spacer, then you are substracting numbers from your current offset of wheels.
so 42mm - 38.1mm = 3.9mm
Either way you do the math, right or wrong the wheels would poke, fenders will rub and the car will look stupid.

OP: for the love of god buy the correct wheels and put this thread to bed.
LOL! 4x108 it is I guess. No ways around it! haha thanks for the link also.......
If your interested my OZ's may be going up for sale soon.
(09-09-2011, 12:30 PM)05blackzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]If your interested my OZ's may be going up for sale soon.
Any price ideas?
LEO! you must be high brother...

higher offset wheel, the more it will tuck in, varying upon with width of the rim ofcourse, a 17x7 w/ 49mm offset (like EAP) will tuck in more then a 18x8 w/ 40mm offset. to offset the added space of the adapter (1.25") you will need to compensate with a higher offset wheel to get semi correct fitment.

Either way you look at it, the only way to do it properly is to get a complete swap to another bolt patter by getting rotors and hubs drilled for it end of story.

Now thats over.... wheres the beer
no, that is what i said, higher offset will tuck in more.
what kevin saying was WHEEL needs higher offset to get what it was before with adaptor/spacer, that is correct.

and i was saying adding ADAPTOR/SPACER is what push wheels out.

so kevin's point was talking about wheel after spacer in place and i didnt even talk about correct final wheel offset.
i was simply point out differnece btw lower and higher offset.