FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transmission Noise...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone I have a 2010 Focus SES standard and my transmission makes a noise that the dealership told me happens to all these models...
my mechanic says its the throw out barring rattling. Does anyone else have the same problem?
yes i have it all day long. thats just how they do
It's called "gear roll over noise" and I actually had them replace my transmission years ago before they figured out was "harmless" racket.

My car was Ford's guinea pig for the first 3 years of it's life.

You'll notice it goes away when the clutch is pressed in.
gets worse with aftermarket clutches.
Yeah, it's the throwout. I hear it all the time in neutral with the clutch disengaged. No worries there. As long as your clutch is still grabbing fine and you're shifting fine, you're golden.
If you rest your foot on the clutch pedal, it goes away right?

Also, if you keep your foot on the clutch while at traffic lights that'll help it wear out faster. Although, TBH idk why a TOB noise is considered normal - it's making noise and its not supposed to.

Anyone want to shed some light on that?
Awesome thanks everyone! Didn't want to just go trusting the dealership..
I'm pretty sure mine is just the Spec clutch chatter. It shifts proper and drives proper. I honestly can't recall if the stock setup did it before we swapped the clutches and slaves.