FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rid the world of hellaflush.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://hellafunctional.com/?page_id=515

They are showing there support for a focus driver.
Cool, but don't hate on the hellaflush rides.
i dont understand....maybe i'm getting too old.
I must be in the same boat, Kev. I don't get it either.
Adam, talk to Travis. He will explain all.
Do you place this next to your stick on hood scoop?
All jokes aside...

Hellaflush is a stance, typically running gobs of negative camber with the fenders sitting on the tires (literally), bagged setups versus static to achieve the look at shows and bringing it up to a functional stance in motion.

http://www.speedmotiv.com/2009/10/02/vie...ford-focus

Some shots from ifest (toronto) this year of hellaflush rides:

[Image: IMG_4968.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5000.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4941.jpg]

Tony (ticketz) can appreciate these no doubt!
euro you missed the real hellaflush dub that was in the corner..dude has his fender sitting between the rim and tire lol

[Image: 286649_2258422667570_1458499364_32524444_2326123_o.jpg]
Love it.
It's not functional - I don't get it. Why the kark would you do that to your car if it won't roll when you do that?

If your car is a trailer queen, you've already lost the game. Yes, I know it's "bagged" but it doesn't matter. I guess that means you're squarely in the world where you measure your "popularity" by the number of scantily-clad women you have pictures of posing with your car. *shakes head*

stupid.
(09-16-2011, 01:29 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]stupid.

It gets even worse when they do this to sti's Sad .
i like it when its functional. that pic of the car sitting between the rim and the tire is just retarded. but that focus doesn't look all that bad, to me its just another variant to poke and stretch and i've got no beef with that.
It's becoming a fitment battle now guys. For the pic I posted how much time, effort and $$ do you think that guy put into getting it to sit just like that..Yes it's not functional when it's rolling but what are half the mods most people do to their cars functional? Remember back in the day when the cool thing was to have an big aluminum wing on the back of fwd cars? What's the purpose of lambo doors? Or custom stereos...it's all for show and to attract attention. I hate how poeple are so quick to judge yet are some of the first to go attend car shows or cruise nights. Cause lets face it, half the s**t on those cars aren't functional when their "rolling" it's a show piece. And i'm sorry but half the work done to most of the foci's on here isnt' even functional. Why sink the amounts of cash i see tossed on here into a 4 cylinder engine if your not going to produce real numbers (this excludes all turbo/supercharged guys)...quit bashing guys..if you don't like what other people are doing STFU!
I have to agree with the above post. Look at this months FOTM. Smile Lowest HP 2 years running. My car looks, possibly looked great. But the benefits of my CF hood and wing, absolutely nothing. MBRP exhaust, noise. Wheels, looks. That's it, nothing else. Style is everything in my books. If I could run stretch and poke I would. But I would if I could afford the right set up plus wheels I would most likely be included in the above pictures. LOL
Variety is the spice of life, too many haters. No one said these were functional rides, which many are... they're an expression of the individual.
Crap that's overstated and/or poorly done diminishes all tuners in the eyes of the public. One overzealous idiot can potentially ruin "the scene" for all of us for some time to come - and that means asshole driving in a modded car, garishly overbright LED or neon lights, horridly-made body kits or anything else.

A very clear line should be made between tuners who mod for the sake of performance improvement and personal choice, and attention whores who mod for trophies, sponsorships and to have people gushing all about their cars. I'm proud to say I'm the former and will never be the latter.

Suppresion of opinion is never a good thing, bud. Just because people don't see eye to eye doesn't mean certain parties need to stay out of the conversation. People may hate my car, and they can talk whatever s**t they want about it. Years ago, dissenting opinions really bothered me - especially from here as we were all supposed to be a "family", like-minded Focus enthusiasts and all that. Now, I could give a rat's ass. I know who my friends are. I also make it a point not to attack members here on their choices, but I stick to my guns on aftermarket products based on quality and known reliability.

TL;DR - Performance people can't stand attention whores. Speak your mind. Happy Friday folks!
You posted it here... We have the right to chime in, good/bad indifferent. If you don't want to hear people's opinions, don't post it on a public forum.

Confused
By all means speak your mind, opinions are what make life good. But I don't see how a show car would be purely for attention whores. A bagged setup has always been a dream for a future ranger of mine, but seeing how the Focus and vdub crowd have pulled it off, i've really wanted to build up a bagged car in the future. I didn't realize how much negativity associated with it.
Not Negative.

A tastefully done "bagged" car makes me as hard as the next guy, but to take it to an extreme where a car is not even functional? C'mon!?!

Having your fenders sit on the lip of your rim is as functional as the ol' park bench wing were so blessed with 5 years ago.

[Image: photoshoot1.jpg]

YES!

Pages: 1 2