FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: HELP! No electrical power at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Car has sat over the winter, battery unhooked....kept on periodic charge.
Putting car back together, hooked up battery, no lights (going by interior dome light/map lights).
Charger is hooked up to car/battery now, reading 25%
Volt meter shows over 12V
Nothing!

Checked both main power fuses, they are okay...
Absolutely no power to car...

What can it be??
Dead Battery
Vokt meter says otherwise...and its on a charger
Put the Focus wagon battery in the SVT....NOTHING!!
Still no power anywhere...
WTF!
Sad
(09-17-2011, 04:24 AM)WuNgUnSVT Wrote: [ -> ]Put the Focus wagon battery in the SVT....NOTHING!!
Still no power anywhere...
WTF!
Sad

If the battery's good then I would think the next thing to check is your primary ground and power connections ... start at the battery and just follow the leads.
Okay...feeling a little bit stupid right now...and I knew it had to be something simple.
Putting the wagon battery back in the wagon, I notice TWO leads going to the + terminal.
SVT had ONE hooked up...
Starting tearing out the battery box and intake, and lying right there trapped under the Volant airbox was the other lead...
Connected and rocking!!!!
lol that happens once in a while.
It was a huge relief finding the missing lead! I was thinking blown ECU or broken/pinched + lead...
Does your headlights work? if so your battery has power and if not you have to start with a bad connection with or bad battery... Check main fuse or main relay..
(09-18-2011, 07:13 AM)kc focus Wrote: [ -> ]Does your headlights work? if so your battery has power and if not you have to start with a bad connection with or bad battery... Check main fuse or main relay..

Ummm...your a bit late. but thanks!