FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FRPP Support is Slipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you may know from the SVT rear brake kit group buy thread, that kit is no longer being offered as Ford Racing has no supply of rear caliper brackets - that part being cancelled by Ford.

It has been brought to my attention that Ford Racing has stopped making the M-5035-ZX3 rear subframe with the built-in camber adjustment ... and that once current stock is depleted, that will be it.

Although this isn't the kind of part that gets replaced often, I've always thought that at 230 bucks retail it represents excellent value.

Although I don't need one now, I don't want to let this disappear so I will be ordering one soon ... let me know if anyone else wants one and I'd be happy to coordinate the purchase.

Damn... I always wanted to purchase a rear subframe when I still had my 01 but never did... I'd assume this would bolt up to my 07 but I'd be buying new rear springs and shocks etc.
(09-21-2011, 10:22 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn... I always wanted to purchase a rear subframe when I still had my 01 but never did... I'd assume this would bolt up to my 07 but I'd be buying new rear springs and shocks etc.

Actually this is a straight bolt on up to 2010 ... they only changed the front suspension at 05.

My plan - a little bit of personal extravagance I guess ... is to put a new subframe on the track car (taking advantage of the camber adjustment to fine tune the handling) and rebuilding the old one to have on hand just in case.

I already have a spare front subframe and steering rack ... and once the new engine goes in I will rebuild the old one and have that as a spare too ... so at that point if I have any kind of offroad excursion like I had in the red car, I`ll be ready to fix `er up quickly.
id be interested in a rear sub frame....mines rusted out, i priced out the oem replacement at work and at my price it was still $300.....
(09-21-2011, 09:32 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]id be interested in a rear sub frame....mines rusted out, i priced out the oem replacement at work and at my price it was still $300.....

Yup - I keep saying it - Canadian OE Ford parts prices are insane.

Even buying it retail, I can import the FRPP subframe from the states, pay for shipping and taxes at the border ... bring it up to the GTA and still sell it for just 238 + HST.

That's with the Ford Racing camber adjustment and with more orders it would be even cheaper.

I'll be ordering tomorrow or Friday latest - so if anyone else wants one, now's the time to speak up - their days are numbered.
put me down for 1, let me know when you need a deposit for it
(09-21-2011, 09:45 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]put me down for 1, let me know when you need a deposit for it

PM sent
Damn Ken... I'm really interested in picking one up but I can't really justify spending that on top of my front brake kit... Which btw... Have you ordered that yet?
(09-22-2011, 02:23 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn Ken... I'm really interested in picking one up but I can't really justify spending that on top of my front brake kit... Which btw... Have you ordered that yet?

Ordered and enroute - it might even be in N. Falls by now (which reminds me I have to get a tracking number from them) but unfortunately I have a wedding to go to and won't be going down to states this weekend.

Do you want to wait for me to bring it up on thanksgiving, or should we be thinking about something sooner?
hmmm my rear has some rot, lemme know a price with everyone thats on board
(09-22-2011, 06:56 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm my rear has some rot, lemme know a price with everyone thats on board

Sounds painful ... PM sent
benefits of this over my stock subframe? I'm interested, very interested.
(09-22-2011, 09:55 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]benefits of this over my stock subframe? I'm interested, very interested.

The primary benefit is that it includes camber adjustment which the stock subframe doesn't ... this is particularly important to accomodate lowered suspensions and maintain proper alignment.

This is also the subframe to buy if you want to put a rear sway bar on a car that came from the factory without one - it includes all the fitting points that would be missing from such a car; although IIRC there are now kits you can buy that do the same job.

And finally - believe it or not - it is actually slightly less expensive than the factory replacement part without camber adjustment.
How soon are you looking to buy these?
(09-22-2011, 04:47 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]How soon are you looking to buy these?

I'm placing the order tomorrow for me and 1 other - but that's just because I want to make sure we get one ... there's no magic to the timing in terms of price - that doesn't change until we get 9 and frankly I just don't see that happening ever.

Bottom line - price is the same no matter when you want one ... the only question really is when will FRPP run out, and I'm not sure anyone can answer that.

BTW - are you interested in one of the MBRP exhausts I have? Based on what I paid I'm sure I can give you a price that would interest you - the only caveat being if we had to contend with shipping costs.
im excited for this subframe, but its gonna be a PITA to take out the original one, the bolts are fossilized! lol
(09-22-2011, 04:55 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2011, 04:47 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]How soon are you looking to buy these?

I'm placing the order tomorrow for me and 1 other - but that's just because I want to make sure we get one ... there's no magic to the timing in terms of price - that doesn't change until we get 9 and frankly I just don't see that happening ever.

Bottom line - price is the same no matter when you want one ... the only question really is when will FRPP run out, and I'm not sure anyone can answer that.

BTW - are you interested in one of the MBRP exhausts I have? Based on what I paid I'm sure I can give you a price that would interest you - the only caveat being if we had to contend with shipping costs.

Yes I want the MBRP exhaust, and I'm sure we can figure out a price. We'll figure out a way for me to get it from you once we figure out the price.

edit: I'll probably be down for thanksgiving. Edit2: is the exhaust 2.25 or 2.5?
(09-22-2011, 10:51 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I want the MBRP exhaust, and I'm sure we can figure out a price. We'll figure out a way for me to get it from you once we figure out the price.

edit: I'll probably be down for thanksgiving. Edit2: is the exhaust 2.25 or 2.5?

It's for non-SVT so pretty sure that means 2.25 ... they're in the for sale section.
i want in to ken, i PM'd u but im pretty sure your box is full lol, i also wanted to include that pyro gauge i had you quote for me awhile back (sku# 880078)