FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lighting issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey every one! Long time no post. No more focus for me but I do have a focus question.

My friend owns a 2003 ford focus and were having issues with his turn signals and brake lights. Front and rear turn signals dont work at all. both brake lights dont work but the high mount brake light works fine.
All the bulbs are fine, the lights turn on when you turn your night driving lights on but thats it.
When you turn the turn signal switch it clicks at a normal speed but the lights on the dash dont come on or the outside lights either. We replaced the flasher switch and it didnt happen to fix anything.
All fuses are fine aswell and the bulbs have been inspected.

So im not really sure what to look for on this car anymore lol
have u checked fuses and relays?
(09-22-2011, 02:38 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]have u checked fuses and relays?

Yup, all fuses andf relays are ok. Replaced a few questionable fuses but nope.
I think we may have found the issue anyway. the wiringing loom under the hatch is almost destroyed. Wires are all stripped and split.
that's a common issue

if you have a multimeter try using it next time too, it'll help figure out if you're getting power or not.
Yaaaaa I had one of those before I moved in to the place I live now. But you know how that goes.

Well guys thanks again.