FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heat shield question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 00 ZX3s heat shields are making a crazy amount of noise, Ive fixed them a few times now.

My questions is... Is it safe to remove the loose one?
(09-23-2011, 03:32 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]My 00 ZX3s heat shields are making a crazy amount of noise, Ive fixed them a few times now.

I removed mine on one of my Focus (the big one) and the carpet over that spot got stupid hot ... given how cheap car companies are if they could have built Foci without one they would have.

I'll never remove mine again.
(09-23-2011, 03:50 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2011, 03:32 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]My 00 ZX3s heat shields are making a crazy amount of noise, Ive fixed them a few times now.

I removed mine on one of my Focus (the big one) and the carpet over that spot got stupid hot ... given how cheap car companies are if they could have built Foci without one they would have.

I'll never remove mine again.

so i should try rivets now ... ok thanks ken
i've removed all my heatsheilds and i've seen no/felt no different at all, my carpets never gotten hot or anything. I see no issue removing them. theyre more of a hassle than anything.
When mine came loose I put off fixing it for a while, then I started to notice a hot spot on my hood where you can tell the paint had exposure to excess heat. I had my mechanic friend help me re-attach it cus the bolts were breaking, and ever since then its been much better. I'm also not worried bout the hood, gonna repaint it any ways.
I'd keep all the heat shields in place. In the hatch, if I remove the trunk liner on the drivers side it gets pretty warm and all my shields are in place... I wouldn't want to run without them.
So i noticed something hanging down underneath my foci an guess what it was....... fmlAngry