FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Quick Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats a set of SVT gauges worth? Just been offered a set for $100 is that too much?
Remember that when you swap clusters you swap the odometer reading with what you are replacing it with. It is a digital display, but it stores the mileage in the cluster itself.
(09-28-2011, 09:33 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that when you swap clusters you swap the odometer reading with what you are replacing it with. It is a digital display, but it stores the mileage in the cluster itself.

Yeah that I know I have changed a couple in the past , and swapped out the board on the back I just wanted to know if 100 bucks was too much or that was the going rate for SVT gauges
(09-28-2011, 10:19 AM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2011, 09:33 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that when you swap clusters you swap the odometer reading with what you are replacing it with. It is a digital display, but it stores the mileage in the cluster itself.

Yeah that I know I have changed a couple in the past , and swapped out the board on the back I just wanted to know if 100 bucks was too much or that was the going rate for SVT gauges

Also note that when I went to install a SVT cluster into my '00 ZX3, we couldn't get the tachometer to work right. Not sure if it was a signal incompatibility with my early 2000 ECU or if there was something wrong with the cluster itself. Reverting back to my stock gauges worked fine.

NOTE: the digital test mode tach worked fine (in the odo LCD), but the analog needle tach was wonky and jittery. We even re-seated the tach needle. No dice.
(09-29-2011, 12:11 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]Also note that when I went to install a SVT cluster into my '00 ZX3, we couldn't get the tachometer to work right. Not sure if it was a signal incompatibility with my early 2000 ECU or if there was something wrong with the cluster itself. Reverting back to my stock gauges worked fine.

NOTE: the digital test mode tach worked fine (in the odo LCD), but the analog needle tach was wonky and jittery. We even re-seated the tach needle. No dice.
I will try it out So do you think the price is fair?