FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Buying svt rear brake kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone I'm buying a rear svt setup off of a member on fj and I'm just curious as to what all I should make aure he includes... Not too sure as what I actually need to do a full swap... Ne info would be appreciated... As most of u know my cars an ST so they'd be going on that!!

Thanks

Korby
(10-06-2011, 06:37 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone I'm buying a rear svt setup off of a member on fj and I'm just curious as to what all I should make aure he includes... Not too sure as what I actually need to do a full swap... Ne info would be appreciated... As most of u know my cars an ST so they'd be going on that!!

Thanks

Korby

The only critical thing that you could not source elsewhere (or isn't already on your car) is the caliper bracket. And obviously other than that the rotor is the biggest difference ... your existing spindle, caliper, and brake line should all be good if he happens not to send them to you.

BTW - if the brakes are coming off an actual SVT the brake lines will be no good to you; if it's the Ford Racing SVT kit for regular foci, then the brake lines would be useful to have.
Off an actual svt... And he's got like 80% steeda pads and rotors... Shipped for 420... So just make sure i reference the mounting bracket...