FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help - Need opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, tried to put this in the sell section, but wasn't allowed access so by all means feel free to put this in the proper section.

I need the opinion of true car guys and what better place then to ask here right?, right.

This spring one of my folks MIGHT be selling a 1996 Ford Probe GT, they want to move to something newer, they are getting scared it may one day break down and one day they will be right Smile

It's accident free, 120,000 kms, clean outside, no rust, clean enough to eat off of inside. No mods, no major work, just regular maintenance.
Colour is fire engine red, paint of course is fading a bit, but still looks shiny in most areas.
One downfall, it's an auto.

I have absolutely no idea what they should be listing it at, if you guys have any thoughts I'd appreciate it.

And hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving weekend!!
um Last probe I saw at auction sold for $1200 but was auto, basic, a 91, and in rough shape.... since your is in good shape. 2 questions, leather? moon roof? those 2 options add value to the car
I did a quick look on autotrader.ca, found a 94 and a 95. Both selling as-is, both around 200,000 kilometers or more. Prices range from 1500 to 1600. Put it up at 2,000 or best offer.
Unfortunately not leather and no sunroof Sad
I'll throw on a pic for kicks and giggles, taken two months ago.
Leather and Sunroof don't change the value of used cars much....Its worth about as much as someone is willing to pay for it..
I'd personally try around the 2.5-3k range, might get lucky if someone is looking for a clean older car. If you get it CERT+Etested you'll draw a way bigger buying group too..

I agree fully with what someone is willing to pay, question of finding the right person.
They have been given about five business cards over the last six years from different people who are interested when the day comes that they want to sell.
But I agree again, it will definitely be fully certified before selling, that won't be a problem at all.

Thanks guys, that is definitely a good start and gives me a good idea to pass onto them, speaking of which heading out soon for the turkey weekend, again hope you all have a good one!
Dam, I always wanted one.

Post up and see whats happening when you sell this thing. The way my car is going it's not going to see much Daily Driving as it does now...