FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2007 sedan air intake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when do i need to replace my air filter. I'm at 90k

ford said close to $700 installed
Stock box? Those are supposed to be good for 200K in 'normal operating conditions' but the servicing dealer for my '05 Focus at the time told me they replaced them normally at 100K.

I have one from an '05 sedan that I pulled out with 32,000km on it when I went Steeda SRI, sitting in storage, if you can verify that you can use one from a 2005, shoot me an offer for it.

NefCanuck
(10-12-2011, 11:23 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]Stock box? Those are supposed to be good for 200K in 'normal operating conditions' but the servicing dealer for my '05 Focus at the time told me they replaced them normally at 100K.

I have one from an '05 sedan that I pulled out with 32,000km on it when I went Steeda SRI, sitting in storage, if you can verify that you can use one from a 2005, shoot me an offer for it.

NefCanuck

2007 and 2005 - same part number.
Wow ... I really thought they'd drop the price on them as the cars got older. Much like Nef says, a lot of us around here will have our "take off" intakes hanging around. Alternatively, I'd suggest looking into an aftermarket intake. Easier to install than replacing the stock setup and you'll get a filter you can re-use for life (if properly cared for). I went with the Steeda SRI and picked it up used for around $200.

-George