FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rant.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I must be a bad driver magnet , out of the 4 cars i have owned 3 have been totaled by people not paying attention. My foci has been safe for now , but people tend not to see the bright fucking yellow car driving down the road. Yesterday driving home from work some idiot pulled out of there driveway just go to pop into the driveway two houses down , it was on a 80km/h road so i had to slam on my brakes an pass on the shoulder. Sorry just had to rant lol
its not just you... it happens to everyone

i had a guy in a minivan try to run me off the road once. I say that because after I passed him on the right (he was going slow in the left at a time when it was only a 2 lane hwy, so i passed once it became 4), he blew past me, cut in front of me then tried to brake check me. I quickly reacted by slowing down and ditching the right lane for the left one... so he did too... and then danced around in front of me as I tried to make my way around him.

Or, there was the one time where leaving the Ajax go station, I make my left turn out of the parking and out of fucking nowhere this minivan roars past me in oncoming traffic lane, cuts me off then also brake checks me. I think all I did in this event was nudge my way in front of him to get out of the parking lot too.

As I've been told many times... it's not you that you need to worry about, it's everyone around you.

For the most part, I assume that most people around me have very, very basic driving knowledge. Living in Markham helped (ok so one time a guy in a lexus literally made a lane change into my old truck. he came from behind and forced his way in i only seen him cause i had my eyes in my mirror but if I hadn't he woulda completely side swiped me...
I had 2 road rage incidents last week in North Bay.

First was a Kia Sportage with some douche. I was at a 4 lane stoplight with another guy beside me, light goes green, he gets a little jump on me. Well the sportage cuts right on his bumper and right infront of me and went between us for about 100ft. He almost drove him off the road and put me into a pole. I get to the next light get beside him and roll down my window and ask him "What was that all about?" His response, "If you didn't speed up there wouldn't have been a problem..." >Sad Lets just say, I passed him with plenty of power to spare and a nice finger goodbye.

Another was I had come in off a short exit onto Lakeshore drive. There was a guy in a beige Blazer coming off of a light about 150ft down and I figured I had more than enough room. Lo and behold the guy passes me in a 4 lane section, merges in fast and slams the brakes. I was like WTF, so I tried passing him in the 4 lane section and he blocks me. Move right blocks me but halfway I slam back to left and pass him with plenty of boost. We followed each other down about 10 blocks and give each other a 1 fingered solute each time we passed.

Oh and on Saturday, one guy in a Neon on Main street for some reason passed me in front of dozens of people on main street (2 way), I didn't think much of it as I was just about to parralel park but he could have killed someone.

Based on these three incidences, I've pretty much decided to buy a Rubicon with 40" tires. Cut me off now motherfuckers. Cool
hey that was me in that mini van!....naw...but seriously its always some soccer mom in her mini van going 90km/hr in the passing lane, while on the phone........try 5pm on the 401...its a free for all....i see it daily, Toronto has some of the worst drivers...Angry
Yep, I've been run off or out of my lane by many cars and many times a day. I ask, do you not hear me or see me. My exhaust is loud and if you can here that then WTF...

The best was a Mazda 3 put me into the on coming lanes threw an intersection. As I was in the far left lane and he was in the center lane, doing well above the 80 speed limit just going with traffic, the light turns yellow and he decides to merge into my lane. No time for horn, lock brakes, swerve, e brake spin infront of a Peterbuilt that stopped in the opposite lanes for the Red.

I caught up to the guy 2 Major roads West of the 410, as I go that way for work in the morning and I managed to pull in front and stop at a light. I got out and I wasn't so nice...... That's all I wish to say...

But seriously people really don't look around and pay attention. I watch a kid get slowly run over at a crosswalk from a person in a pathfinder making a right turn on a red and not looking to see if any kids were walking. I was the witness and the guy tried to pay me not to phone the cops. I said if this was my kid you wouldn't be breathing.

(10-25-2011, 09:10 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]hey that was me in that mini van!....naw...but seriously its always some soccer mom in her mini van going 90km/hr in the passing lane, while on the phone........try 5pm on the 401...its a free for all....i see it daily, Toronto has some of the worst drivers...Angry

Windsor has the worst drivers in all of Canada.
(10-25-2011, 10:14 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]I was the witness and the guy tried to pay me not to phone the cops. I said if this was my kid you wouldn't be breathing.

Shocking.Dodgy
It's getting to the point where there are just so many cars on the road and so many bad drivers that you not only have to think for yourself but everyone around you. Its pathetic how people just dont pay attention on the roads.
Well I've been driving the 401 and QEW every day for 18 years. And it took me this long to figure it out. Stay well away from other drivers and stay out of their blind spot. Slow down and take your time. Don't be in a rush. It's going to take you 5 extra minutes? I drive from hwy 6 and the 401 to the Ford plant in Oakville along the 401 and south on Trafalgar. On the 401, I used to drive about 120+ and on Trafalgar 100 in the 80 zone. Took me 40 minutes in traffic to get to work. I decided to time it out exactly over the course of two weeks. One week fast and one week slowing to 110 on the 401 and 90 on Trafalgar. Know what? In that 50 km trek it was 2 minutes longer. And I avoided the BS of aggressive drivers by staying in my own pocket on the roadway and not up some slow driving minivan's ass.
Slow down. The track is for racing.
I like the one comment

"Thats BS ide flip the F%^& out That place would burn !!!!" Big GrinBig Grin
This isn't really on the convo but this is what can happen when s**t hits the fan

http://www.streetfire.net/video/120-mph-...329714.htm
or a giant red and white wall, ouch, game over.
Streetfire, not iPhone friendly. Sad
I had a corvette gun it's engine as it was passing from the opposite direction at a stop the other day... guess he was intimidated by my racing stripes....