FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Das Winter Beater?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Das winter beater?...i gotta park the focus aka the stealth bomber for the winter, save some money for some much needed upgrades....downpipe, clutch, coolent leaks etc.. so this is what i picked up, 1993 vw passat....1.9L tdi....70liter tank, an estimated 1200kms to a tankBig Grin...time to save some money!.. the cars a little rough but hey nothing zip ties and duct tape cant fix....lol Cool

[attachment=439][attachment=438][attachment=437]
great ride, come to tdiclub.com if you need any help with anything. Specially ontario section, lot of great info there. the wagon's actually have a 90L tank and some people have gotten 2200kms per tank!
(10-25-2011, 10:06 AM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]great ride, come to tdiclub.com if you need any help with anything. Specially ontario section, lot of great info there. the wagon's actually have a 90L tank and some people have gotten 2200kms per tank!

Damn! why arent more cars diesel?:S
(10-25-2011, 10:06 AM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]great ride, come to tdiclub.com if you need any help with anything. Specially ontario section, lot of great info there. the wagon's actually have a 90L tank and some people have gotten 2200kms per tank!

lol..already been there checking out the FAQ...lots of useful info!
how much did this set you back?

that's some preeeeeeeeetty good gas mileage!!

Jesus.
So much for my 300-450km per tank..................60L of 94
TDI's rule.
(10-26-2011, 03:38 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]how much did this set you back?

$800
(10-26-2011, 03:38 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]

Jesus.
So much for my 300-450km per tank..................60L of 94

hehe, been telling you for a while man get a tdi!

There are some guys that get the PD170 engine from europe, add a bigger turbo and tune and get about 240hp and 400 tq. Its not much compared to wrx power, but they are still getting 1000kms per tank! and ohh you dont need to deal with emission with TDI's for now! Smile
so im going to be taking the winter beater off of the road and selling it, and ive learned a couple of things...dont buy a 20 year old diesel vw.....
paid $800 for the car, $150 for brakes and $350 for exhaust to pass safety.
Then the rear shocks were shot, splurged a bit on raceland coilovers, $550, then the next week the master cylinder went $350....then the following week the pass side caliper seized $200.... and to top if all off the week after i smashed the rear window putting an air compressor in the trunk for leo....
wasted so much money on the POS, but i had fun...and the fuel millage was great 900kms per tank... here are some pics of my off roading adventures.....soo glad to be getting the focus back on the road...

[attachment=502]
the one and only snow storm it saw
[attachment=503]
made an air box and cut a hole in the fender
[attachment=504]
got a little muddy
[attachment=505]
[attachment=506]
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
you know why
hey we know it can carry a zetec engine block in the trunk no problem..lol
And we know air compressor can crack glass