FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focussport/sct Mod Chip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im looking online and cant find some one confirming it at zx3 FocusSport/SCT mod chip "ZYF5" will work on my svt

i believe i found the number off my ECU "RLA2"

I think you answered your own question there.....lol

I highly doubt a zx3 superchip will work on your SVT

Just buy and SCT Xcal3 and it can be easily changed as you add more mods to your car

Trust me i bought a "used" superchip and then had to remove it because it made my car run too lean and i couldn't pass etest. don't cheap out with this mod!
ya i kinda figured it wouldn't work.

thanks

Xcal 3 or Xcal 2 will work fine.
i was gona by yelozx3 used chip.

i cant justify spending 400-500 on a chip for the like max 10whp i could get out of it.

i under stand the chip is more beneficial for car settings, rev limmet and such. but i was only considering the chip because it was used and only $100

thanks anyway guys

another question answered by fc.net lol

buying an Xcal 2 or 3 will be the best $500 you'll ever spend on your SVTF.
I didnt even think they made chips for the SVT. I read the stock ECU is beefy enough to handle a fair amount of boost with just a reflash to timing and fuel maps
im slightly confused with the hole xcal thing.

its a programmer that plugs into the ECU.

after the settings are changed to i still run with the xcal attached to the car or is it removed?

if you remove it could i not rent someone programmer/xcal get the tune then be done with it?
Jmountney1,Mar 17 2010, 08:59 AM Wrote:im slightly confused with the hole xcal thing.

after the settings are changed to i still run with the xcal attached to the car or is it removed?

if you remove it could i not rent someone programmer/xcal get the tune then be done with it?
[right][snapback]303486[/snapback][/right]

YES its programmer after the tune you unplug it and throw it in your closet till you want to make more changes

You Can NOT rent it or tune someone elses car You can only Program one ECU at a time if you want you can return ur ECU to stock and then sell the unit.
ZX3_2NV,Mar 17 2010, 09:57 AM Wrote:
Jmountney1,Mar 17 2010, 08:59 AM Wrote:im slightly confused with the hole xcal thing.

[right][snapback]303486[/snapback][/right]

YES its programmer after the tune you unplug it and throw it in your closet till you want to make more changes

You Can NOT rent it or tune someone elses car You can only Program one ECU at a time if you want you can return ur ECU to stock and then sell the unit.
[right][snapback]303493[/snapback][/right]
^^ what he said + you have to make sure you don't lose it or let it be stolen - because when you tune your car the only place the stock tune resides is on the XCal.

FWIW - you can use the XCal for subsequent vehicles ... my one XCal2 has tuned my '02 ZTW, the '07 ZXW, my 2008 Fusion, and now my '03 ZX5 ... so it can be reprogrammed for different ECU strategies, just not at the same time.

Aside from the initial cost of the XCal (IIRC 349 years ago) subsequent tunes have cost me just 25 ea, and there are lots of "off the shelf" Focus tunes for virtually any level of modification.

Pat at Steeda in Milton (and I assume DaSilva) has access to the same SCT tunes that Randy at FSwerks has (although to be fair Randy may sell his own modified versions of the SCT tunes) ... in any event, there are plenty of good tunes available from any SCT dealer.

Additionally, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't consider dyno tuning without an XCal or similiar tuner ... you can have up to 3 additional tunes, plus you always have the ability to go back to stock if and when the need arises.
One tiny caveat though. You can only transfer an Xcal2 between five cars in the programmers lifespan without going back to SCT to purchase more transfers. I don't know if the Xcal 3 has this same restriction :unsure:

NefCanuck
also with xcal compared to chip, you have options. if you buy from steeda pat wont give you the same options as focus sport either. randy gives WOT fuel mixture and spark options where pat wont give you that option.
GFXjamie,Mar 18 2010, 01:17 PM Wrote:also with xcal compared to chip, you have options. if you buy from steeda pat wont give you the same options as focus sport either. randy gives WOT fuel mixture and spark options where pat wont give you that option.
[right][snapback]303545[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm ... he gave me those, plus a couple of others like at what temp the high-speed fan turns on.

Probably depends on how trustworthy you are LOL.
well pat told me that he doesnt give that option on his tunes so.... ya.

i have global spark, spark in ranges from 0-2000 rpm, 2000-4000 rpm and 4000-8000rpm, AFR mixture, low/high speed fans, rev limiter in neutral and drive, idle in neutral and drive and i believe thats it. i can go up to 8%lean or 16% richer and pull spark up to 2 degrees and add it up to like 10 or something
yeah i don't think Pat gave me any options with mine either, and i wasn't overly imprssed with the end result after dealing with Steeda