FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aquariums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just curious if anyone else here has an interest in aquariums. I had one when I was younger but like most kids I lost interest pretty quickly (and didn't really understand how to properly take care of it at the time).

I've slowly gotten back into it over the last two years and I'm up to three tanks right now. I've got my main 10-gallon tank with a school of Harlequin Rasboras and my breeding guppies. Then I have a small 2.5-gallon tank I use for breeding, I move the female guppies over to drop their fry, and then i raise the fry in it for a couple months before putting them in the general population. I just had my fourth batch of wee ones drop on Sunday, 30 fry this time!! Both of these tanks are planted (I love aquatic plant life!)

My third tank is a fresh 20-gallon I just set up last week. This is going to be my first "planned" tank in terms of landscaping. I'm going to decide on a final outcome for the tank and then try to grow the plants accordingly. Should be fun!

So am I alone on this around here? Bueller? Bueller? :)

-George
I have 10 gallon set up in a random way... 1 drift wood, 3 potted plant, planted swordtail plant and snails I stole from lake ontario, small field stone inukshuk... I had live bearers in them but never got a fry maybe my angle fish eat them all as soon as they appear.

i was into fick tanks for about 12 years i started off with a basic 10 gallon then got a 30 gallon long tank i acually had to 30 gallon long tanks.....i gave up on fish there pretty boaring so i got a turtle i had him for a about a year and gave him a good home in a friends pond in the back yard and now i have a bearded dragon
I have a 35 gallon tan with some oldies....my fish are tough little bastards. Some of them have been with me since I lived in orleans....survived the move and everything!

I have 4 blue tetras, 2, 5 year old silver tetras, 2 8inch plecos, 1 5 year old Bala shark, 1 guppy. Had like 20 of them in this tank. but Im pretty sure the Bala Shark ate them (he's the only fish big enough to do so). I recently started to add plants and have quite a few of those also.

[Image: IMG00052.jpg]
^-- I have to be honest... if I were moving, I would have just flushed the fishies and bought new ones.

Yeah, I never really grew attached to my pets.
lol, yeah, my pets are like my children, even my devil cat.
I don't have time to do upkeep on another project right now, but back about 12 years ago I had worked my way up to a 100 gallon tank. I kept African Cichlids, beautiful fish but they could be a PITA because they liked to dig, they used to rip up half the vegetation you planted.
Flofocus,Feb 20 2009, 09:53 AM Wrote:I have a 35 gallon tan with some oldies....my fish are tough little bastards.  Some of them have been with me since I lived in orleans....survived the move and everything!

I have 4 blue tetras, 2, 5 year old silver tetras, 2 8inch plecos, 1 5 year old Bala shark, 1 guppy.  Had like 20 of them in this tank. but Im pretty sure the Bala Shark ate them (he's the only fish big enough to do so).  I recently started to add plants and have quite a few of those also.

[Image: IMG00052.jpg]
[right][snapback]281425[/snapback][/right]

I think I remember seeing that tank when Amanda and I were at your place last year, bud.

All that sticks out in my mind animal-wise was your pup wearing the Habs bandana :lol: and the three-way hockey argument that ensued! :lol:
I used to have fish in my backyard pond (liner). I then adopted some turtles from a friend who tried moving and leaving them behind for the landlord. After a while, I stopped taking care of them and they became petrified, hence if you're ever in my neighborhood in Markham, you might pick up my wireless network named "deadturtle". :D
NOS, I think you saw my old 20 gal setup. This setup is fairly new.