FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear de-frost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, can someone tell me if the de-froster on the rear window can be repaired or do i need to replace it? Or if i get a complete tailgate from the wreckers what years are compatible with my '03 ZX5, thanks.
i do know of a repair kit you can get, its like a copper paint to fix the defroster if one of the lines are broken...but if thats actually the problem...i do not know...
(11-02-2011, 06:08 AM)DUBL02 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, can someone tell me if the de-froster on the rear window can be repaired or do i need to replace it? Or if i get a complete tailgate from the wreckers what years are compatible with my '03 ZX5, thanks.

All years and both ZX3 and ZX5 will work.
I'm not sure if you can repair the defrost but any hatch from 00-07 will fit.

Try here
car-part.com
Taft's in Brighton, Ontario. They're in it for the scrap metal prices, let people pick away anyways. Prices very good.
Thanks for the replies, does anyone know how to disconnect the wiring to remove the hatch? Are the connectors behind the trim panel? Thanks.

Do what I did, get the kit, you mix some glue and activator put it on the tab fix it to the glass then paint it with the stuff that comes with the kit, I did mine after the tab came off on the glass.Worked perfectly Dont know if thats your problem. Seems a lot of work to change out the hatch if thats all it is
(11-24-2011, 02:21 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]Do what I did, get the kit, you mix some glue and activator put it on the tab fix it to the glass then paint it with the stuff that comes with the kit, I did mine after the tab came off on the glass.Worked perfectly Dont know if thats your problem. Seems a lot of work to change out the hatch if thats all it is
This is what I used
Thanks, i did pick up some of this to repair it but some a$$ saved me the trouble by rear ending me a couple of weeks ago and my car was written off. The good thing is i picked up another ZX5 in better shape and the rear defrost works, and also the a/c.
(12-08-2011, 12:42 AM)DUBL02 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, i did pick up some of this to repair it but some a$$ saved me the trouble by rear ending me a couple of weeks ago and my car was written off. The good thing is i picked up another ZX5 in better shape and the rear defrost works, and also the a/c.

Cool that works!
That works out even better lol
(12-05-2011, 08:21 AM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2011, 02:21 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]Do what I did, get the kit, you mix some glue and activator put it on the tab fix it to the glass then paint it with the stuff that comes with the kit, I did mine after the tab came off on the glass.Worked perfectly Dont know if thats your problem. Seems a lot of work to change out the hatch if thats all it is
This is what I used

I've gotta find one of those to fix Subsonic with. CT? PartsSource?
(01-21-2012, 01:40 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2011, 08:21 AM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]
This is what I used

I've gotta find one of those to fix Subsonic with. CT? PartsSource?

Either same place right? CT or P Source