FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Severe Tire Wear...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think my car needs alignment/camber adjustment....am I right here?
It is only on 1 tire, driver side.

[Image: camber1.jpg]
[Image: camber2.jpg]
[Image: camber3.jpg]

Whats a good place in GTA for alignment/camber adjustment?
Unless you have camber plates, the camber is not adjustable.
but what would cause this, this wear is not normalfor my drop....something is wrongsomewhere ...
Could be a wheel bearing or tie-rod causing it.
Did you jack that corner off the ground and give it a shake to see?
Did that yeah, it does seem like wheel bearing. There is up down movement on the drivers side...hence giving me the camber wear on the tire.

Passenger side seems solid and no wear on the tires. I probably should however replace both bearings at the same time.

Odd I noticed no typical wheel bearing noises...either way I'll pull the drivers side appart.

When was the last time you had it aligned? Excessive toe out will do that too. Does it drive straight but wander at high speed?
It drives straight not even any vibrations, etc... as for alignment, it was done 2 years ago when I bought the car.

Regardless bearing is done, i'm replacing them and then going to get alignment, as its required after work like that.
get your bearing from tousley ford

it is cheaper, with shipping, than canadian tires cheap bearing (at least its cheaper than the premium bearing) heck, getting it from a dealership is cheaper than Canadian Tire's premium bearing.

also, funny for me but when my driver side rear wheel bearing blew, the next one to go was the driver side front. haven't had to touch the passenger sides yet (I hope my focus didn't hear me say that)
shot in the dark here.
check your strut where it sits in the spindle.

when i drove to get my recaros i hit a big pot hole the car drove straight and tru after still no vibrations nothing out of the ordinary my tire began to wear the same way took it into work to toss it on the alignment rack and camber was rite messed up on the one side.

ended up being a slight bend in mmy ksport strut where it met the spindle you couldnt tell unles you pulled it out of the spindle it it was enough replaced with kyb agx's and all is well
could be Blow Job, i mean Ball joint.
Leo you may have something, Its possible it could be both. I do think your right, I really need to get it up and take a closer look. I hate fixing what isn't broken....that said I probably should just replace the bearings and balljoints while i'm at it....makes it easier to cert when I finally break down and sell it Tongue

When I did my driver side bearing, I bought from Rock Auto. I think I paid $70 for SKF. I feel Rock Auto has the best prices on them and ball joints, stabilizer links (Moog). The wheel bearing kit is a pita to do, you will need access to a press. For alignment, I take it too Steer-Rite Kipling Queenway area (416) 259-6662 ask for Allen. He has been doing alignments for 35 plus years and he will do custom specs.
^Tousley is still cheaper. Also I have a I think 5 or 10% off code for Rock Auto if you choose to go with them at some point.
found a bad strut tower bearing as one of the culprets. All other components did show some serious signs of wear/tear, so pretty much the entire front suspension is getting replaced with MOOG, greasable fittings all the way.

can alignment in millgrove/hwy 6 south to hamilton